ik the tour just released but is anyone thinking of switching to the storm when it comes out.
    08-17-09 06:33 PM
    i have thought about it, i've also thought about being married to jessica alba and owning my own island also among other things...
    08-17-09 06:34 PM
    Not a chance in the world. I could never go back to a touchscreen again. let a lone having it be called the storm again, the storm is the biggest POS phone out there right now and I doubt it will be any better
    08-17-09 06:38 PM
    It would have to be a whole **** of a lot better then the first by a long shot

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 06:55 PM
    Well I think it will be better than the last one and it will have WIFI. That said I will be getting the Tour and I will not be switching to the Storm 2, even though Id love to have the WIFI. Im not keen on the touchscreen, I think ill much prefer a real keyboard.
    08-17-09 07:13 PM
    Nope, sticking with the full qwerty keyboard.
    08-17-09 08:12 PM
    I might. I'd have to see how the Storm 2 finally shapes up, but I'd certainly consider it if it's good.
    08-17-09 08:20 PM
    I love my tour, I don't see me giving it up so soon. I wouldn't go near anything that is related to the Storm. I think it was a big marketing mistake by RIM to name it that. They should have come up with a completely new name unrelated to the Storm which has left a bad taste in our mouths.
    08-17-09 08:24 PM
    Yo, its funny that i would see this thread b/c i have been thinking of possibly ditching my Tour since i got it not even a week ago. Not because i dont like it, but because I am a phone ***** and it always gets me caught in a pinch. But this is the first time i can say hands down that i really enjoy a phone and its feats. I really think i will be keeping my Tour until something better than the S2 drops, I am not real big on touch screens and if i feel the need to use one, my brother gave me his S1 (deployed). So I have something to hold me over.
    08-17-09 09:21 PM
    I'll be getting the Storm2 for the Wife unit and putting iBerry on it. That is as soon as they release it for OS 5.0 or whatever cocktail OS that they put on it.

If it lives up to what Sal posted in his video yesterday it might be seriously tempting to make the move myself. But hey I love the Tour and after moving up from a 8703e I think it will be a long time before I jump. Yet again who knows...........
    08-17-09 10:44 PM
    Hopefully there will be a LTE Blackberry by the time I am eligible for another upgrade. I am not too keen on dealing with a touchscreen, especially when the QWERTY keyboard here is treating me so nicely.

08-17-09 10:55 PM
    I love my tour, I don't see me giving it up so soon. I wouldn't go near anything that is related to the Storm. I think it was a big marketing mistake by RIM to name it that. They should have come up with a completely new name unrelated to the Storm which has left a bad taste in our mouths.
    i thought it is named the odin and we're all just referring to it as storm 2... but the physical appearance is very similar and everyone will know that it is the "storm 2"
    08-17-09 11:04 PM
    i thought it is named the odin and we're all just referring to it as storm 2... but the physical appearance is very similar and everyone will know that it is the "storm 2"
    the "codename" is Odin. just like storm 1 before it was released had a code name of "Thunder" when its relased it will be called Storm 2 Just like the Tour, its code name was "Niagra"
    08-18-09 07:53 AM
    Although I'm definitely interested in how the Storm 2 plays out, I can never leave a physical QWERTY.
    08-18-09 07:55 AM
    Definitely keeping the Tour, however, if it is a major improvment over the Storm 1 I might get a Storm 2 after a few months and unlock to At&t or T-mobile (prepaid). Just to check it out.
    08-18-09 07:59 AM
    Don't think I could give up my keyboard. The storm 2 does look promising compared to the first one.

08-18-09 09:19 AM
    I won't buy the storm 2 when it comed out. I just got the tour and love it so I will keep it for at least a year. If the storm gets great reviews ( which I highly doubt) then I will consider getting it.

08-18-09 09:22 AM
    Not a chance in the world. I could never go back to a touchscreen again. let a lone having it be called the storm again, the storm is the biggest POS phone out there right now and I doubt it will be any better
    Mind you it's the third best selling phone in this country.
    08-18-09 09:25 AM
    what about a full qwerty touch?
    08-18-09 09:33 AM
    Oh guys... remember your answers here, because once you play with that phone you will sell your soul to the devil in order to get it if necessary.

I do understand the fear of a Touchscreen VS Keyboard, but I really think this one will change your perception on what a "touchscreen" phone can really do.

Just remember everyone that said NO, because sooner or later, they will be rocking an Odin.
    08-18-09 09:39 AM
    No Sir! I am sticking with my Tour. Had a Storm and it should have been called a Tornado. NEVER again. No touch screen for me my friend.
    08-18-09 09:45 AM
    Oh guys... remember your answers here, because once you play with that phone you will sell your soul to the devil in order to get it if necessary.

I do understand the fear of a Touchscreen VS Keyboard, but I really think this one will change your perception on what a "touchscreen" phone can really do.

Just remember everyone that said NO, because sooner or later, they will be rocking an Odin.
    No offense man, but that's what people said about the first Storm. People are jaded by what they experienced with the first version, and it's going to take far more than just "this is how it should have been in the first place" to get people to switch.
    08-18-09 09:47 AM
    You're quite fond of pointing that out aren't you? I'm glad you love your Storm. Those of us who have Tours love them just as much.
    Indeed.....
    08-18-09 09:48 AM
    I think there are a whole lot of Tour owners that are old Storm owners. I'm one of them. No way I'd switch back even with the supposed improvements. I'll wait for the blackberry that offers both a real keyboard and some touchscreen aspects as well. A budd of mine from Verizon says it's coming...
    08-18-09 09:48 AM
    No offense man, but that's what people said about the first Storm. People are jaded by what they experienced with the first version, and it's going to take far more than just "this is how it should have been in the first place" to get people to switch.
    I never said that about the storm 1. My experience with the storm 1 was terrible.

I had it for less than 10 days, and from day 1 I said it was awful. LOL

I am a keyboard lover, and I do prefer the keyboard, but this "second storm" is really NICE and the best thing about it is that it actually works how everyone dreamed the Storm 1 would work.

I'm not a Storm lover that went to the Tour and then back to the Storm. I'm a TOUR/BOLD lover that is REALLY CONSIDERING switching to the storm 2.

Don't judge it just yet. Wait until it comes out and play with one. You'll see what I'm talking about
    08-18-09 09:55 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD