This is a repost from the general thread...any help would be appreciated

Headed to the Ukraine...I would like to get my email, text, and phone, just like I do currently in the usa.

Looking at picking up and unlocked tour - new. What does it take to setup my email, text, and phone? Do I have to find a special SIM card that will provide all 3 or do phone and text cards provide data too?

Can I put the SIM card in here in the states and get the new phone number prior to going over there?

Is the Tour a good phone for this or is there something else I should be looking for. Need phone, email, and text - with a local Ukraine number.

Help...! Thanks
    01-09-10 05:49 PM
    I travel all over the world for work and am heading to Ukraine next month as well as to the middle east. I had the phone unlocked by Sprint and then use a local sim card when I am there. I also have the international data plan from Sprint that allows me to get my emails and everything while I travel. If you can get the phone unlocked it will allow you to use the phone cheaper than you would using the pre-installed sim and paying what the carrier charges to make calls to and from there. Hope that helps.
    01-09-10 08:35 PM
    Danner, enjoy your trip you will have a blast. I too have the Tour, unlocked from Spint. When you get to Ukraine the company you want to get your sim card from is Kyivstar. The prepaid card is the fairest as well as the mos reliable. Also get it from an authorized dealer, a lot of fakes are out there just like anywhere else. Make sure your switch the tour settings from 1xev to the 2g gsm otherwise your wont get signal. Oh by the way its "Ukraine" not "the Ukraine" Make the locals, and those like myself in the states happy!
    01-10-10 11:11 AM
    HAHA YES!!! It Is UKRAINE & NOT "the Ukraine"
    Danner, enjoy your trip you will have a blast. I too have the Tour, unlocked from Spint. When you get to Ukraine the company you want to get your sim card from is Kyivstar. The prepaid card is the fairest as well as the mos reliable. Also get it from an authorized dealer, a lot of fakes are out there just like anywhere else. Make sure your switch the tour settings from 1xev to the 2g gsm otherwise your wont get signal. Oh by the way its "Ukraine" not "the Ukraine" Make the locals, and those like myself in the states happy!
    01-10-10 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD