Is it true that Verizon is coming out with a Tour that has a trackpad instead of the rolly ball?
    03-14-10 11:08 PM
    I believe its the Essex.
    03-14-10 11:11 PM
    Yes, they are as well as sprint! Don't hold ur breath on the release date though!!! It's called the bold 9650 but i am dubbing it still the tour 2!!!
    03-14-10 11:16 PM
    Yes, they are as well as sprint! Don't hold ur breath on the release date though!!! It's called the bold 9650 but i am dubbing it still the tour 2!!!
    Yeah I was wondering If someone wouldve said its the bold now even though us tour owners know it as the essex/tour 2
    03-14-10 11:32 PM
    Yeah they have a new tour coming out very soon and will have trackpad+wifi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 12:15 AM
    It is one of the more contentious and controversial issue in the CrackBerry and BlackBerry world today. And yes, trackpad, Wi-Fi, and other things are coming aboard.

03-15-10 12:18 AM
    I was reading this in another post and i dont know if it was true if anyone could further back me up. Apparently the tour is built so that it might be possible to buy a trackpad, sensor, and new buttons from like true supplier or something and could be made into a trackpad tour. Anyone know if theres any truth to this? thanks
    03-15-10 02:57 AM
    No. This has been covered countless times. That would take almost all new hardware, software, and very special skills to convert the original tour into a trackpad. And I highly doubt the parts even exist.

03-15-10 07:24 AM
    yes, a Bold 9650 will be coming out in replacement of the Tour series. there will not be another Tour ever in Rims future.
    03-15-10 07:46 AM
    Not a fan of the trackpad
    03-15-10 09:01 AM
    Is it true that Verizon is coming out with a Tour that has a trackpad instead of the rolly ball?

....what rock do you live under so we an send you news via postal service on new phones.
    03-15-10 09:20 AM
    Here's my logic as to why this could possibly be done and please coorect me if I'm wrong, but if the tour and the new bold are basically the same exact phone wud it really be impossible to buy a new bezel and the proper parts from true supplier as soon as they r available for the 9650. According to another cb member they were saying the way the sensor is hooked up for the trackball its the same way its hooked up for a trackpad.....

No. This has been covered countless times. That would take almost all new hardware, software, and very special skills to convert the original tour into a trackpad. And I highly doubt the parts even exist.

03-15-10 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD