I am on my second Tour (first had significant trackball issues) and I still find myself not satisfied with the trackball sensitivity and overall quality. My friend has the Bold and installed a "google" trackball he bought off of cnn.cn and told me it is significantly better, however the website does not provide a similar trackball for the tour model. If I purchased the "google" trackball for the bold, would it be compatible for my tour?

If anyone has any other suggestions on solving or bettering my trackball I would appreciate the advice. Thanks.
    08-19-09 10:18 AM
    Take it back and replace the phone and demand one that was manufactured in Canada. I bet yours was made in Mexico. They always have problems. We replaced a made in Mexico one with a Canadian one because the trackball was not scrolling left to right. Now no problems trackball works perfectly!
    08-19-09 10:27 AM
    I heard better reviews coming from people using the Curve's trackball...

Also search...there are a sh*t ton of threads about this issue already.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 10:27 AM
    Yeah no point buying a replacement honestly, you'll void your warranty. May as well take it back for a replacement.

08-19-09 10:29 AM
    Take it back and replace the phone and demand one that was manufactured in Canada. I bet yours was made in Mexico. They always have problems. We replaced a made in Mexico one with a Canadian one because the trackball was not scrolling left to right. Now no problems trackball works perfectly!
    my first one was a canada 1 and had horrible trackball problems - to the point where it was unusable. i now have a mexico 5 and it is better than the first - perfect trackball, clearer call quality and stronger vibrate. i dont think it matters where its made? i could be wrong
    08-19-09 10:29 AM
    That "MAY" be true for some people but as a general censuses that is absolute BS...both, Canada and Mexican models had the EXACT same issues.

08-19-09 10:30 AM
    But does anyone know if the google trackball will be compatible with my tour is my main question.
    08-19-09 11:00 AM
    cooper where is the issue present? When composing messages i.e texts and emails? Or across the board and on the browser
    08-19-09 11:10 AM
    Composing texts and emails, I have issues scrolling through my written text to edit information. My trackball works sufficiently, however, when I use my friends tour's they have a more functional trackball. Mine is not nearly as precise as others ive sampled.
    08-19-09 11:16 AM
    here is your "fix" cooper. I have the same issue and it's solved. It's a known bug.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/te...ug-fix-297170/
    08-19-09 11:25 AM
    ***NEW UPDATE**** (New to me at least)
    I just got off the phone with a verizon representative and they've said they have looked into the trackball issue/problem and RIM is aware. THey are not replacing anymore Tours and they told me RIM is working on the problem and agrees it is a SOFTWARE issue because many people have reported such a problem. Maybe the NEW software upgrade will fix this MESS!
    08-19-09 11:27 AM
    I don't think this whole Canada-made Tours are better than Mexico-ones argument is valid.
    08-19-09 11:28 AM
    Yesterday, I walked into my local sprint store, after customer care called them and instructed them to swap my phone. They simply put in a white curve tracball... problem solved... Works perfectly now.
    08-19-09 11:33 AM
    my first one was a canada 1 and had horrible trackball problems - to the point where it was unusable. i now have a mexico 5 and it is better than the first - perfect trackball, clearer call quality and stronger vibrate. i dont think it matters where its made? i could be wrong

Same here.. first was Canada (terrible) 2nd was Mexico, (awesome)
    08-19-09 11:34 AM
    my trackball was sluggish left and right and I had loose battery door. I ordered online and don't remember where it was built. Today I went to my local Verizon corporate store and got a new one. It's Canada 1 and it is night and day better than the first. The trackball is perfect even at 70, the battery door is snug and tight. The build quality feels better. The manager there said, yes there was a batch that went out that had trackball issues but it didn't affect everyone everywhere, only if you got one of those from that batch. He said they had sold a ton and not one return for any issues out of his store. So I got a new one from him and all my issues appear gone
    08-19-09 01:18 PM
    The actually trackball doesn't seem to be the problem the problem seems to be with the applications or maybe the blackberry OS. I say this because the trackball works horribly on the home screen and when i try to play games but works fine in other screens. I already went to see if i had a memory issue, restarted, this is my second TOUR. Seems like the processor for the TOUR sucks! I am returning this phone tomorrow again.
    08-19-09 01:53 PM
    ***NEW UPDATE**** (New to me at least)
    I just got off the phone with a verizon representative and they've said they have looked into the trackball issue/problem and RIM is aware. THey are not replacing anymore Tours and they told me RIM is working on the problem and agrees it is a SOFTWARE issue because many people have reported such a problem. Maybe the NEW software upgrade will fix this MESS!

talked to my friend who is a verizon rep. about the track ball issue. they said they recently recieved a tech e-mail stating to set the track ball to 90. if this does not fix the trach ball to return in a couple of weeks for a like new replacement. was told thru the email it was a hardware issue not software issue.
    08-19-09 07:04 PM
    Setting the horizontal trackball sensitivity to 90 worked for me, but it moves too fast.

IMO, this issue can't be hardware related with the trackball, at least not completely, because I am on my 2nd Tour and both of them were fine for the first week before the trackball started having problems and then it only got worse. That sounds like hardware to me. On my way to get my 3rd one right now. Wish me luck.
    08-21-09 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD