Last night I had an issue w/ my Tour. I went to make a phone call, but I wasn't hearing anything through the handset. I looked at the screen and next to the phone icon was a headset icon. I hit the menu key to try to deactivate it, but it wouldn't give me the option. Even a battery pull wouldn't fix the situation. So what I did to fix this was to plug in a pair of headphones, did a battery pull, waited for a minute, put the battery back in w/ the headphones still plugged in, then after it reboot, pulled the headphones out and the audio was able to play through the handset.

The problem now is that I think it still thinks there is a headset plugged in, so I am now not able to activate speakerphone. B/c normally, you should get the option of "handset or speakerphone"... Now I only get the option of "handset or headset". Better than it was before but still not completely fixed. I don't use the speakerphone that often, but still bothers me that somethings messed up. If anyone has any insight, it would be helpful. Thanks!
    10-09-09 09:09 AM
    This is what took out my second Storm. The first time I tried to plug it in to my car audio, the headphone jack got stuck.
    10-09-09 09:26 AM
    I think there are a few threads on this problem. I think one suggestion was to play some music and plug in the headphone and then unplug it or something similar - sorry, I don't recall but a search for headphone might turn up a thread or two.
    10-09-09 09:53 AM
    I think there are a few threads on this problem. I think one suggestion was to play some music and plug in the headphone and then unplug it or something similar - sorry, I don't recall but a search for headphone might turn up a thread or two.
    ahhh thanks... i did a search and near the bottom, there was a thread. speakerphone does come up as an option now!

if anyone else is having this problem. plug in a pair of headphones, make a call, then during the call take out the headphones. i hope this issue doesn't present itself again tho, it is annoying!
    10-09-09 11:12 AM
    Yes, this is how I fixed it with one of the releases with the Storm. You play something or make a call (I played a song in media player), and take a pair of headphones and plug and unplug them until the headphone 'releases'

(there may be a couple other things you can try, but this method worked several times for me)
    10-09-09 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD