i've searched the forums for some information but has anyone heard if there is gonna be a AT&T version of the Tour?

is RIM gonna release a 9620 version for AT&T like how they had a 8820?

or are they going carrier specific with the phones they make now a days? ie. vzn=storm, tour. at&t=bold, onyx.
    07-10-09 09:44 PM
    i've searched the forums for some information but has anyone heard if there is gonna be a AT&T version of the Tour?

or are they going carrier specific with the phones they make now a days? ie. vzn=storm, tour. at&t=bold, onyx.
    the Tour is a CDMA phone...at&t can't use it. the Onyx goes to at&t since its a GSM phone whichverizon can't use.
    07-10-09 09:49 PM
    Not sure how you missed it in the forums, but, in the U.S., the Tour will only be offered by Verizon and Sprint. AT&T will carry the Onyx, the updated version of the Bold, sometime in the future.
    07-10-09 09:52 PM
    Ah, you just beat me to it.
    07-10-09 09:52 PM
    yeah. but i was hoping that at&t would get its own version of the Tour, since vzn and at&t both had their versions of the 8800 series. just wondering if anyone heard anything about that.
    07-10-09 09:53 PM
    yeah. but i was hoping that at&t would get its own version of the Tour, since vzn and at&t both had their versions of the 8800 series. just wondering if anyone heard anything about that.
    at&t will, but it cant be the Tour, the tour can't run on at&t since its CDMA. The Onyx is the closest thing at&t will get sometime late this year.
    07-10-09 09:55 PM
    The Bold is essentially the same device (and may actually be slightly better, due to its faster processor, and the fact that it has WiFi).

Then again, it's on AT&T...
    07-10-09 09:56 PM
    guys guys the Tour is a world phone sim capable!
    just find an unlock tour and install your SIM. Edge only though

happy
    07-10-09 10:08 PM
    Why not just get the BOLD or even wait for the Onyx?
    07-11-09 12:57 AM

the Tour is a CDMA phone...at&t can't use it. the Onyx goes to at&t since its a GSM phone whichverizon can't use.
    Incorrect

guys guys the Tour is a world phone sim capable!
    just find an unlock tour and install your SIM. Edge only though

happy
    Correct. Chinky if you would like to buy and use the Tour on ATT, you can. You must unlock it before you can use it on ATT. As cheze said it will only run on EDGE, not 3G. Yes the Onyx will be similar to the Tour in its shape and keyboard size, but will be a bit better with WIFI, and newer OS.
    07-11-09 01:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD