So tonight I spent 2 1/2 hours wondering why I had no signal. I had signal on my way to dinner. After dinner, I noticed that it read no signal at the top of the phone. Nothing a bat pull couldn't fix I thought to myself. Pulled the battery and same result. I gave it time to settle in thinking that would fix it. After 30 min, it did not. I started getting frustrated by this issue. I tried calling tech support, re-activating my phone, pulling and putting the SIM back in. Nothing worked. Finally after doing SEVERAL(read 10!!!) battery pulls, I checked under options/Mobile network. My phone had switched from 1XEV to GSM/UMTS on its own. Switched it back to 1XEV and problem solved. Man did I feel like an *** for not checking it sooner. Just goes to show, that problems most the time, are solved by simple things.
    09-08-09 04:53 AM
    Glad you figured it out man. I have mine on 1XEV only.
    09-08-09 05:01 AM
    I am too. The funny thing is that I have mine set to 1XEV only. So that's the reason I didn't check options sooner. That's why this whole thing had me stumped. I know better next time.
    09-08-09 05:06 AM
    I had a similar problem: Set my network to 1XEV to conserve battery, and have noticed it changes back to Global on its own I haven't figured out when yet (battery pull or *228 programming).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 05:48 AM
    I had a similar problem: Set my network to 1XEV to conserve battery, and have noticed it changes back to Global on its own I haven't figured out when yet (battery pull or *228 programming).

Same thing happened to me a few days ago (running stock OS) but hasn't happened again. Very odd.

09-08-09 06:45 AM
    Remind me again what *228 does?

09-08-09 07:17 AM
    Remind me again what *228 does?

Different things depending on what option you choose. The 2 most common are options 1 and 2. Option 1 does the initial programming of a new device or can be used to update the programming of an existing device. Option 2 basically updates the roaming lists for your device. That can be useful when you're have signal or call quality issues.

09-08-09 07:24 AM
    Verizon Tour is funny like that. I don't know why they don't allow you to fully control the network.
    09-08-09 07:36 AM
    I have noticed the same thing happening to me. Happens about once every 2 weeks. Have to constantly monitor it, because Global does drain my battery. 1XEV is great, why does it have to switch by itself?
    09-08-09 06:42 PM
    I have noticed the same thing happening to me. Happens about once every 2 weeks. Have to constantly monitor it, because Global does drain my battery. 1XEV is great, why does it have to switch by itself?
    Question for ya: is your Network Selection Mode set to Automatic or Home Only? Mine was randomly switching from 1XEV to Global as well until I switched to Home Only...now I seem to remain on 1XEV.
    09-08-09 08:06 PM
    Question for ya: is your Network Selection Mode set to Automatic or Home Only? Mine was randomly switching from 1XEV to Global as well until I switched to Home Only...now I seem to remain on 1XEV.
    Thanks, I had it set to Automatic, so I will try Home only and see if that helps.
    09-09-09 12:06 PM
    it was the battery pull that did it. leave it on automatic. home only will affect your roaming capabilities.
    09-09-09 12:14 PM
    I too have seen the same thing happen to me several times. Still have not figured out what is causing it to switch. Even when I switched it to "Home" it still did the switch on me. This is getting to be annoying and draining on the battery.
    09-17-09 03:24 PM
    I've had the same problem. Now the problem has morphed to the mobile network shutting itself automatically. Last time this happened (last week), Verizon tech showed me how to do a reset (##000000 plus fip password), and said that this reset usually took care of the problem for a long time. But it happened again just now.

Is there a flaw in the phone?
    09-17-09 04:59 PM
    Does anyone know when we will actually be able to use the GSM network on Verizon? Seems silly to give us that option and it not work. Yes I do realize that this is a global phone but it would be nice to be able to be on the phone and surf the web at the same time. Or send e-mail.
    09-17-09 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD