Anyone know if they are still doing the swaps of Bolds for Tours? Thanks in advance.
    09-22-10 12:50 PM
    You'll get a refurb Tour if you own a Tour.
    09-22-10 02:32 PM
    Not necessarily true, I just got my Tour replaced with a Bold from Sprint. I basically called Sprint and spoke with their technical staff. At that point, I told them the problems that I had been having and they transferred me to their multiple device support group who offered to send me another Tour. I told them that this was simply unacceptable, that I used my phone for business and that my phone had already been replaced numerous times. I then asked to be transferred to retentions with whom I would cancel my contract with. The lady put me on hold for about 10-15 minutes and when she came back, she said that she spoke with her advisor and they were allowing her to send me a Bold next day air. That was Monday evening and I received my new device today (Bold 9650).
    09-22-10 02:40 PM
    cool so lets just say its a 50/50 shot. Thanks guys
    09-22-10 02:48 PM
    cool so lets just say its a 50/50 shot. Thanks guys
    I think that's an accurate assessment, I would just call back hoping for someone else.
    09-22-10 02:53 PM
    It can be done, but there are no guarantees. I did it, back in June.
    09-22-10 02:55 PM
    yeah i was just asking for a friend so we'll go with 50/50
    09-22-10 02:57 PM
    I'm on my 5th tour, 3rd this year, with the most recent being two weeks ago. They keep giving me refurbished tours. This is with verizon, so I think they're still in stock.
    09-28-10 12:34 PM
    I noticed that as of Sunday Verizon has new Tours available for sale on their web site so I would assume at least with VZW you would get another Tour.
    09-30-10 06:06 AM
    I just got my Sprint Tour replaced with a Bold. Waiting for it to ship right now.
    10-02-10 11:18 PM
    what did you tell them?

I got turned down a month ago.

I just got my Sprint Tour replaced with a Bold. Waiting for it to ship right now.
    10-03-10 01:46 AM
    I called Verizon yesterday in regards to another issue with my Tour. During the conversation I told the rep about problems with the trackball. She offered me a replacement Bold. I am receiving a certified like new Bold to arrive Tuesday. So I guess in some situations they may be switching them out.
    10-03-10 04:36 AM
    what did you tell them?

I got turned down a month ago.
    Yesterday morning I woke up and the flashlight on the back of my Tour was on, dimming in and out. I have TEP, so I took it to a Sprint store. They said it was water damage, and there was nothing they could do. I told them it was no way it was water damage, because I went to bed fine, woke up with it like that and the water indicator didn't even show high moisture. So they took the phone apart, and I guess saw no water damage and swapped it out for another one. Literally one hour later, my new Tour was rebooting on its own, has red lines that appear and disappear on the screen, and is giving me other issues. So I called the multiple phone replacement division of sprint, and the guy said the system generated two options for a new phone, 9630 or 9650. I took the 9650. This was my fouth or fifth tour being replaced.
    10-03-10 09:32 AM
    Thanks I will try later - how did you get to the multiple phone replacement division at Sprint? And did it count against your upgrade (yearly or every other year) credits?

Yesterday morning I woke up and the flashlight on the back of my Tour was on, dimming in and out. I have TEP, so I took it to a Sprint store. They said it was water damage, and there was nothing they could do. I told them it was no way it was water damage, because I went to bed fine, woke up with it like that and the water indicator didn't even show high moisture. So they took the phone apart, and I guess saw no water damage and swapped it out for another one. Literally one hour later, my new Tour was rebooting on its own, has red lines that appear and disappear on the screen, and is giving me other issues. So I called the multiple phone replacement division of sprint, and the guy said the system generated two options for a new phone, 9630 or 9650. I took the 9650. This was my fouth or fifth tour being replaced.
    Last edited by estroh; 10-03-10 at 11:05 AM.
    10-03-10 10:31 AM
    Anyone know if they are still doing the swaps of Bolds for Tours? Thanks in advance.
    They were only repalcing Bolds for Tours due to inventory issues. So you will get the same phone you purchased unless an exception is made by a rep or sup.
    10-03-10 04:36 PM
    Thanks I will try later - how did you get to the multiple phone replacement division at Sprint? And did it count against your upgrade (yearly or every other year) credits?
    I just asked the tech rep if if I could exhange it for another model since I have gone through so many Tours. And it didn't count against my upgrade at all. What he did was ram it through the system to see what phones the system will offer as replacements, and both came up.
    10-03-10 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD