I was listening to streaming internet music last night while falling asleep. This morning I woke up and the battery was dead. I plugged in the Tour and the battery started charging. It then tried to start up but it gets stuck on the spinning clock screen. I tried a battery pull for 5 min and then tried to reboot. It has been stuck on the spinning clock screen for more than an hour. It is stilled plugged in to the wall charger and charging.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what I can do to get this to boot up correctly?

Thanks
    08-14-09 03:18 PM
    Have you tried turning it off and letting it charge for a bit? Maybe someone has a better idea, I've never had this happen.
    08-14-09 03:23 PM
    Is it a charger from a company or is it a cheap charger u bought at some gas station? Usually if you use a charger which shouldn't be used on a phone, the chargerger can actually screw up the phone.
    08-14-09 03:39 PM
    It's the original charger.
    08-14-09 03:56 PM
    I was listening to streaming internet music last night while falling asleep. This morning I woke up and the battery was dead. I plugged in the Tour and the battery started charging. It then tried to start up but it gets stuck on the spinning clock screen. I tried a battery pull for 5 min and then tried to reboot. It has been stuck on the spinning clock screen for more than an hour. It is stilled plugged in to the wall charger and charging.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what I can do to get this to boot up correctly?

Thanks
    I have had my Tour for just about a week and I had to exchange the first one because of the same issue. My hourglass sat on the screen for HOURS. The rep at the store exchanged it immediately and referred to it as DOA.
    08-14-09 05:01 PM
    I had a similar problem with my Blackberry on Day 2. It kept power-cycling and getting hung up on the small clock for several minutes - several times per hour. Verizon told me it was defective and swapped it out for a new one. So far, no problems on the new one.
    08-14-09 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD