Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Swaggerr's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    67 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Tour Still at 4.7.1.61 - What should I upgrade to??

    Im tired of 4.7, and want to upgrade, but it doesn't sound like anything is stable enough to upgrade to.

    All the upgrades I hear about are for the new bold and the new curve. Where's the Tour love gone???

    Are there enough apps capable of 5.0 these days, I haven't checked the forums in a while. When the first leak of 5.0 for tour came out I got it, but it was kinda laggy and pretty damn buggy.

    What are my options, and when is official 5.0 releasing
  2. tee00max's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,052 Posts
    PIN
    3109B24D
    #2  

    Default

    your options for the most recent 5.0 is the 5.0.230 with the 7.12 hybrid on top of it, its runs pretty good too me.


    8330>9630>9530>9550>8530

    Lifetime Driphter.com VIP
    Lifetime BBhybrids.net VIP
  3. lsdspikedudley's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    yea the 7.12 hybrid is the illest! this version is flawless and makes buying the fone all worth it....probs to irtehun my mannn!!!
    K I L L A K
  4. danmcq's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    180 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    The problem is that the only leaked 5.0 OS versions for the Tour are months old and a far cry from being stable. One can't help but wonder what happened to Tour development. Take a look at the crackberry front page over the past few days - leaks galore of OS 5.0 for just about every new device BUT the 9630...
  5. redwanhuq's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    973 Posts
    Global Posts
    982 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    I wouldn't worry. Just because you don't see it on CB yet doesn't mean it hasn't been leaked.
  6. JeremySS's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    5.0.0.230 with a hybrid is as if not more stable than any 4.7 I have used. I do not know where the instability claims come from, but I have yet to have a problem.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  7. techman#WN's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default link for the 5.0 upgrade? Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by redwanhuq View Post
    I wouldn't worry. Just because you don't see it on CB yet doesn't mean it hasn't been leaked.
    Where do I find the link for the 5.0 upgrade?

    Thanks
  8. efn77mx's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    295 Posts
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lsdspikedudley View Post
    yea the 7.12 hybrid is the illest! this version is flawless and makes buying the fone all worth it....probs to irtehun my mannn!!!
    I wouldn't say it's COMPLETELY flawless. There's still an issue with streaming media through bluetooth, and the phone muting itself after the first track. There's also the missing media icon. Neither of which are a big deal anyways. After some pretty stupid flaws I discovered with .61 and no help from RIM or Verizon, I decided to install this hybrid. Guess what? I couldn't be happier. This will definitely hold me over until an official release is out.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  9. krs7272#AC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    302 Posts
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    You can get everything at bbhybrids. I'm running the 5.0v7.12 with the .191 radio with no problems at all. I had the 4.7 for one day and was ready to return the Tour. But not after running the hybrid.
  10. wetherb67's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    155 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krs7272 View Post
    You can get everything at bbhybrids. I'm running the 5.0v7.12 with the .191 radio with no problems at all. I had the 4.7 for one day and was ready to return the Tour. But not after running the hybrid.
    What "base" version would I need to have installed on my computer to upgrade to the 5.0v7.12?

    Thanks!
    Always have your stuff when you need it with Dropbox. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/oYmCJ14
  11. BlkBryAddict's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,627 Posts
    PIN
    K on the inside
    #11  

    Exclamation WELL, whatever you do...

    Quote Originally Posted by Swaggerr View Post
    Im tired of 4.7, and want to upgrade, but it doesn't sound like anything is stable enough to upgrade to.

    All the upgrades I hear about are for the new bold and the new curve. Where's the Tour love gone???

    Are there enough apps capable of 5.0 these days, I haven't checked the forums in a while. When the first leak of 5.0 for tour came out I got it, but it was kinda laggy and pretty damn buggy.

    What are my options, and when is official 5.0 releasing
    DO NOT come on this site if something goes terribly, horribly wrong during the update process and start whining!
  12. krs7272#AC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    302 Posts
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wetherb67 View Post
    What "base" version would I need to have installed on my computer to upgrade to the 5.0v7.12?

    Thanks!
    Its the 5.0.0.230 base with irtehuns's v7.12 hybrid mod.

Posting Permissions