my Tour is also slow randomly im running 4.7.1.61 is this normal?
    01-29-10 06:38 AM
    All of my BlackBerries are slow for a few moments right after start up, as they're checking for data, connecting to the network/RIM servers etc, etc.

If your still getting some sluggishness after about 5 minutes, you may want to reload your OS, and watch what 3rd party applications you load onto the device.
    01-29-10 07:31 AM
    xDAKx,

is correct. Try it with the radio off before you restart and you will see the phone operates fast off the start. But once radio goes on and stuff starts happening on the connection side. Once it levels out it's fine..
    01-29-10 07:35 AM
    Do you have a lot of media on it? The Media app is poorly written, so it'll rebuild the database on every boot. Which will use virtually all of your CPU time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-10 09:04 AM
    No, running OS 4.7 is not normal (lol sorry I just had to). It is the official OS right now though, so if you don't feel comfortable with loading a leakes OS than just work with what you have for now.

But yes, the first couple minutes after startup will be a little sluggish.
    01-29-10 11:12 AM
    It will be a bit slow right after it boots, since it is scanning the media card. If you have a lot of pictures and music on a large media card, it will take longer to scan everything.

I don't know if the 5.0 for the Tour decreases that scan time or not.

It used to take around 5 minutes for my 9000 to get going when I was running 4.6, but now that I've switched to 5.0 it only takes about 2 minutes.
    01-29-10 11:43 AM
    lak611 is right. it scans the card, but if you also have a weather program, it increases the time Ive noticed, before its stable. First its looking at the card, finding the radio signal, putting certain apps and processes in memory, and now if you have any programs that start a data process, like weather, it does that too. Considering all it does...mine only takes a few seconds to come around.

You might want to consider an upgrade to the .419 OS...it, to me anyway, is more stable, decreases boot time and also start time. Worse comes to worse, you go back again.
    01-29-10 12:03 PM
    Mine usually takes 2:20 minutes to re-boot and roughly another 1-2 minutes to settle down... that's running the hybrid in my sig. Didn't really see an improvement in sluggishness after re-boot with the upgraded OS.
    01-29-10 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD