I got the tour since my curve was so slow and this phone was supposed to be much faster.

Well I get the clock (turning clock when processing) all the time even for easy stuff. Is that normal?

Things I get the turning clock on:
    -google maps all the time. Anything I do in google maps I get the clock
    -Texas Hold'em I get the clock all the time. You would think a simple game like this would work fine.
    -calendar and contacts I get it for just a second or two but why do I even get it.
    -internet is just dumb since everything I click on takes for ever.
    -Facebook: everything I do to is just slow
    -Even when I get a reminder it is just a little slow trying to change times and alarms.

I saw a friend use his new google phone on T-mobile and when he pushed a program to open...guess what...it opened. It was like he was on a normal computer. But with my phone everything is always just a bit slow even if I don't get the rotating clock.

Is this normal for the tour or amd I doing something wrong? I don't even have that many programs on it. Can I some how delete the programs that came with it to help speed it up?
    01-25-10 03:01 PM
    What OS you running?
    01-25-10 03:08 PM
    Also, what's running in the background?
    01-25-10 03:18 PM
    Tell you what I did the other day...I did a complete wipe of all 3rd party apps and started over...and its like i have a new phone now, started putting apps back on my phone that I actually used and only 1 other theme. Its crazy how smooth its running now. May be worth a shot
    01-25-10 03:48 PM
    What OS you running?
    v4.7.1.61

Is there a better one?
    01-25-10 04:46 PM
    v4.7.1.61

Is there a better one?
    yes, much better ones, but there not Official by Verizon yet.
    01-25-10 04:50 PM
    Also, what's running in the background?
    just the standard ones that can't be perminatly closed.
    01-25-10 05:01 PM
    Tell you what I did the other day...I did a complete wipe of all 3rd party apps and started over...and its like i have a new phone now, started putting apps back on my phone that I actually used and only 1 other theme. Its crazy how smooth its running now. May be worth a shot
    How do you do this? I will definitly try this. Let me know. Thanks.
    01-25-10 05:02 PM
    I had a similar problem with my Tour but wiping and re-installing the OS fixed the problem. It is running great now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 05:06 PM
    How do you do this? I will definitly try this. Let me know. Thanks.
    You can reload your OS via the Application Loader bit of Desktop Manager for PC, If you want to load an OS 5.0 release like some have mentioned, Using DM for PC will be your only option (but I'm assuming you have a PC anyway.)

If your on a Mac like I am, go to Desktop Manager, and then click "Applications" after that click "Check for Updates" and then "Update/Reload Applications".

There are a few different ways to do this, so a forum search may also be your help.
    01-25-10 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD