everyone once in a while ill send a text and the recipient will get 5x the same text message even though i sent it once.

Is this just my tour or anyone else getting same problem?

Kinda annoying....
    07-21-09 09:46 PM
    I was having a convo with a friend thru txt and he asked why I was sending the same message twice.. Uh, lol.. Idk??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 01:02 AM
    are you running bbm 5.0?
    07-22-09 01:05 AM
    Nope, I'm not having an issue, like raven said, could be because you're running BBM 5.0 or something else...if anything just do a battery pull or check out verizon CS and see if it's a problem.

07-22-09 01:08 AM
    Ya I don't have the newest bbm. Just what came with the phone. This keeps happening. Faulty tour?

07-22-09 01:22 AM
    I didn't download anything that has to do with BBM.. So that can't be the cause..

07-22-09 01:32 AM
    weird, i don't have that problem.
    07-22-09 01:49 AM
    It could be a problem with the cell network you are on when you send the messages. Does this happen in more then one place or is it only when you send texts from home? Having a low network connection can cause this problem, like a 1 or 2 bars on your phone or being in a 1X network instead of a 1XEV can cause your phone to send multiple messages when you only sent it once.
    07-22-09 07:46 AM
    At one point the recipient said I was sending texts twice, but apparently it has stopped? hmmm
    07-22-09 08:31 AM
    That used to happen alot when I was on Alltel. I used to get multiple texts. I think its just a network problem. It should go away. Mine eventually did.
    07-22-09 09:11 AM
    sorry to hijack an old thread, but I'm having this exact same problem. To test it, I sent the numbers 1-40 to one of my friends and of those, 4 of them were received 6 times, 3 received 4 times, 12 received 2 times and one not received at all.

This happens to me all the time. I'll get people sending me angry tests asking why I just sent them something 6 times because they don't have unlimited.

I called Verizon tech support last night and the guy ran all kinds of tests. He couldn't find anything wrong, so he just blamed it on everyone else's phones (lame). I find it incredibly hard to believe that 15+ people that I text are all happening to have this exact same problem...I'm pretty sure it's just the Tour.

I know a few people that this happens to. I'm running 5.0.0.230, but I know someone running the stock OS that it happens to.

I'm thinking this is a hardware problem (maybe something getting stuck in a buffer?) does anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks!
    12-19-09 09:53 PM
    yeahh it happens to me as well
    12-19-09 10:40 PM
    Yup happens to me on my tour on verizon. My girlfriends htc touch pro 2 on us cellular does this too

12-20-09 12:48 AM
    Yeah I have that problem once in awhile. Actually last night a friend of mine said I sent the same message 5 times.

12-20-09 01:33 AM
    I just received multiple txts from my sister who also owns a bb curve and she said that she kept hitting resend several times because she thought the message didn't go thru the first time. Could that be the reason why?
    04-01-10 08:11 PM
    ....no....
    04-01-10 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD