I apologize to all those sick about Tour quality threads, but I am thinking of purchasing it and need some quick to the point info.

After however many months it's been since the Tour has been on the market have all the reported issues (trackball, screen ripple, battery door) with the device been resolved? Are the new batches of Tour good?

I appreciate any sharing of knowledge and thoughts on this, thanks.
    Last edited by Mr. Marco; 10-28-09 at 01:25 AM.
    10-28-09 01:23 AM
    My Sprint Tour from a week or so ago is perfect. Can't really comment on Verizon though.
    10-28-09 01:24 AM
    I apologize to all those sick about Tour quality threads, but I am thinking of purchasing it and need some quick to the point info.

After however many months it's been since the Tour has been on the market have all the reported issues (trackball, screen ripple, battery door) with the device been resolved? Are the new batches of Tour good?

I appreciate any sharing of knowledge and thoughts on this, thanks.

the door is loose - get a good case and thats that.

Love my tour. abso****inglotuly. I own the 8830we, have owned storms and I sell them off to att customers. **** storm.
    10-28-09 01:30 AM
    Wow BBTree, you seem to harbor genuine anger towards the Storm lol.
    10-28-09 01:41 AM
    Yes, it is safe. Just ordered and received my Tour from Verizon last week. Manufacturing date on the unit was October 3, 2009. Trackball works flawlessly, no screen ripple, callers can hear me clearly (no muffled sound) and the battery cover does not wiggle.
    10-28-09 01:43 AM
    bump + didn't take into account the release of the essex, which rumored to be rather soon compared to the usual new device launches time frame.
    10-28-09 10:28 AM
    I have had my tour for 3 weeks now. Date on box is 08/27/09. Everything works perfect.
    10-28-09 10:39 AM
    My Sprint Tour works perfectly and was mfg date of 9/18. But if you watied this long, wait a few more weeks n inves in the Tour2. I'm sure the price will be the same as the Tour1's debut price. I think that with all phones ppl will have problems. I recommend that you take the phone out of the box, n check it out before purchasing. Good luck whether you get Tour or Tour2.
    10-28-09 12:55 PM
    I'm going to wait for the "Essex", especially if its debuting sometime this year!
    10-28-09 12:57 PM
    I'm going to wait for the "Essex", especially if its debuting sometime this year!
    That's a big if.
    10-28-09 12:59 PM
    I did some searching before trading my Pre for the Tour, and the answer would be yes. There has been some improvement at BB's QC department.
    10-28-09 01:30 PM
    bump + didn't take into account the release of the essex, which rumored to be rather soon compared to the usual new device launches time frame.
    I was aware of the Essex but I'm not a big trackpad fan. As for WiFi, I'm not sure how much use I would really get out of it. Overall I'm pretty happy with my purchase.
    10-28-09 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD