it seems that whenever i put my tour in the cup holder in my car it restarts, as in battery pull. this also happens whenever i put it in the door handle.
    Last edited by KeithF40; 01-05-10 at 12:35 AM. Reason: mistake
    01-05-10 12:19 AM
    Wait, curve or tour?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 12:31 AM
    TOUR, my mistake
    01-05-10 12:35 AM
    Hmmmm. Maybe since the battery door on the tour is so flimsy, your battery might be getting slightly jarred to where it resets? I don't know, that's definitely a strange problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 12:43 AM
    i was thinking same thing as you. if so this is totally unacceptable, i saw another thread a while back of someones who kept resetting when he set it on a table and ppl recommended putting some cardboard in there to keep it solid which i just did so ill have to see if that solves it.

but anyway if this is the problem can i get a new battery door from verizon as i dont want to exchange the phone since i got it skinned.
    01-05-10 03:11 AM
    May be a reach but, could it be something to do with the skin you put on?
    01-05-10 03:18 AM
    its an invishield full body skin i had installed at best buy. i think that is quite a reach haha.
    01-05-10 04:04 AM
    yeah, I had that problem. Any slight bump and it would reboot. Took it to the Verizon store, showed them, and they shipped out a replacement.
    01-05-10 08:23 AM
    but anyway if this is the problem can i get a new battery door from verizon as i dont want to exchange the phone since i got it skinned.
    There are people who have had luck in going to a verizon store and getting a battery door from another Tour (that was traded in due to other issues, such as the trackball). I don't know if they're having alot of returns, though, since the Tour issues are mostly resolved.

I also remember that sometimes it's not the battery door that's an issue, it's the cell phone unit itself. For example, a battery cover might be snug on one unit, but very loose on another unit (ie: the units are not built exactly the same).
    01-05-10 10:01 AM
    I was just searching for 'reboot' threads, and came across this one since my Tour rebooted (like a battery pull) earlier out of the clear blue sky, as it was just sitting inside my car on the console, headphone jack plugged in, I JUST happened to look at the phone and noticed the steady LED indictator and thought WTF. (who knows, strange headphone jack glitch??? talk about a stretch!)

I know I have the updated battery door since mine is snug and on on interior part that faces the battery directly, it has a black rubber lining cut-out, basically a thick rectangular piece of tape or the like.

So I just opened the battery cover, and it does seem pretty snug in there, I don't think the battery was disconnected in my case. I only have a few known popular apps, like Google Voice, Gmaps, Sync, etc.. and these seem to be pretty stable anyway.

This is strange! I've heard about random reboot problems, and I hope I'm not having the same thing....

This is the first time though, and I've had my phone for a while now, enough to where I still wouldn't say it's a defect... well maybe an OS glitch, but that's about it.

Any other times you guys see reboots that might be app. or OS related?

I'll tell you what, my old Motorola v9m flip phone used to turn-off by itself sometimes, even on full charge with different batteries. So at least I can rely on my BlackBerry rebooting, and not just staying off w/out a warning!!
    01-07-10 05:06 PM
    If the phone is rebooting as a result of physical impact, it is definitely not a software or OS issue...

That means something in the hardware is temporarily losing contact...
    01-07-10 05:10 PM
    i just came from sprint with that problem there nothingnyou can do but exchange it
    01-07-10 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD