Sorry guys I hate to create a new thread on this but no one answered my questions when I replied in other ones.

Verizon Customer Support said they would mail me a replacement Tour due to my Trackball issues. Now they call and said that they no longer have any at the warehouse they ship from and that I should try a local retailer. I called all my local retailers and none of them had any. I called Verizon Customer Support back and they said to try and bring it to a store so they can special order me one. Arent they going to simply special order one from the "warehouse that doesnt have any left?"

I dont get this. Has anyone else had any problems with replacement units? Does anyone have info on the inventory?
    09-11-09 10:54 AM
    interesting. a guy yesterday mentioned that a vzw affiliated kiosk in the mall no longer could sell the tour per vzw. could we be seeing a possible recall here? maybe we will all be rocking tours with wifi and trackpads for free in the very near future!!!!

I won't hold my breath, but man it would be nice.
    09-11-09 11:01 AM
    Im just fed up with the trackball issue right now and it seemed like everyone was getting "the green dot" tour. So what happened? They ran out??
    09-11-09 11:03 AM
    looks like rim and vzw didn't anticipate the initial sales volume or the number of comebacks. PPP if you ask me.
    09-11-09 11:06 AM
    interesting. a guy yesterday mentioned that a vzw affiliated kiosk in the mall no longer could sell the tour per vzw. could we be seeing a possible recall here? maybe we will all be rocking tours with wifi and trackpads for free in the very near future!!!!

I won't hold my breath, but man it would be nice.
    +1 for free Essex replacements!
    09-11-09 11:07 AM
    Running out of stock does happen from time to time. If they do not have them in with 3 days, then I would call back and ask what other options are available.
    09-11-09 11:07 AM
    I asked if they knew when a new shipment would come in to their warehouse and he told me "there is no information regarding a new shipment"
    09-11-09 11:08 AM
    I asked if they knew when a new shipment would come in to their warehouse and he told me "there is no information regarding a new shipment"
    What they are telling is most likely true. Stores and callcenter reps are not in the loop with this information. Shipments do come in all the time though.
    09-11-09 11:10 AM
    The Warranty replacements are back in stock at the warehouse today, call away.
    09-11-09 11:11 AM
    I was told the tour was out of stock when I've call to get my replacement tour. The tech I've spoke to told me that he would call me when the tour becomes available. Didn't get a response, however, I came home several days later... and was to my surprise to find my green dot tour. The tech actually followed up on his word. He was very pleasant and eager to help. That's probably the best experience I've had with verizon. Only if all tech's were like him. FYI, my green dot tour is flawless.
    09-11-09 11:27 AM
    The Warranty replacements are back in stock at the warehouse today, call away.
    I talked to a verizon rep this morning and they didnt mention anything regarding a new shipment. Are you sure??
    09-11-09 11:31 AM
    My 3 week old tour started having the dreaded trackball issue recently. I called VZW yesterday and they told me to take it into a retail store. I asked if there would be units there and the rep told me every store should have them.

Just to be sure I called the store before I went to ask them if they had new ones in stock, and they told me yes and sounded like they thought I was crazy for even asking. I exchanged my Tour easily and the new one is great. The tech there was not very forthcoming with info but when I asked about the green dot, he kind of grunted in acknowledgment that this is what he gave me (I didn't see the box). Also when I asked if the trackball issue was common, he kind of hesitated and said meekly that he had seen "some cases" of the issue, which I thought was funny.

I am in the Philadelphia area, btw.
    Last edited by schnable; 09-11-09 at 12:09 PM.
    09-11-09 12:07 PM
    Hmm well I still was told no by my local stores but I did just get a call from Verizon saying they are going to ship me a new replacement phone today. So I guess they have gotten in a "new shipment"

Lets hope this solves my problems with the trackball.

Its so weird how the problem just started recently.
    09-11-09 12:09 PM
    Positive, I've been ordering them like crazy today.
    09-11-09 12:22 PM
    I just received one yesterday. Which was ordered by a store from the warehouse on Monday.
    09-11-09 12:27 PM
    They called me and said since they do not have any replacement tours at the warehouse they are sending me a new Tour. Does this mean the new Tour will have a good trackball like the Green Dot Tours or will it be from older stock?

anyone know?
    09-11-09 12:28 PM
    sounds like the warehouse was out of refurbs and you're getting a new one
    09-11-09 12:44 PM
    sounds like the warehouse was out of refurbs and you're getting a new one
    exactly. My question is are the New Tours new builds like the Green dot tours?
    09-11-09 12:55 PM
    *grumbles something about requiring a signature for delivery and now has to wait until 5pm to drive to the Fedex depot it's going to be at (Tour #3 that is)*
    09-11-09 12:55 PM
    exactly. My question is are the New Tours new builds like the Green dot tours?
    Yes, the new Tours being sent out are of the same build quality as the refurbed "green dots". I'm sure you'll be very happy with your new Tour
    09-11-09 01:08 PM
    Anyone know how to tell if your green dot is actually a refurb or a new unit. Because I got my green dot yesterday and I looked around (the phone and the box) and didn't see anything notating it as a refurb, even though it came in a brown box with just the phone.
    09-11-09 01:11 PM
    Anyone know how to tell if your green dot is actually a refurb or a new unit. Because I got my green dot yesterday and I looked around (the phone and the box) and didn't see anything notating it as a refurb, even though it came in a brown box with just the phone.
    Sounds like a refurb. New phones would probably come in a full retail box.
    09-11-09 01:16 PM
    +1 that brown crate always carries a refurb. usually comes with no battery and no battery door.
    09-11-09 01:26 PM

I agree with you there but I thought refurbished electronics had to be marked as such, and with no indication on the phone or packaging it could very well be new.

Could it be possible that as a result of all of the tour returns rim is sending Verizon new tours without the retail packaging to satisfy the demand for tours without problems?
    09-11-09 01:28 PM
    Brown box with no accessories is a pretty clear indication that it's refurbished, not new.
    09-11-09 01:29 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD