Hey guys I currently have a Tour running Verizon's latest on it. I was curious, if I go to a site say YOUTUBE for example am I required to put in the "m" for the mobile site or does the BB browser automatically take you to the mobile site if a web page has one? Also any one else notice that the BB broswer takes FOREVER to load pages, Im talking like 45 sec to a minute to load espn.com!!! Thanks guys
    05-18-10 04:21 PM
    VZW's latest build is basically broken in every way imaginable.

Even if it didn't fix your issues (which I think it would) upgrade/downgrade to another OS. I suggest the leaked .643 build if you can find a download link that is still hot and up and running. (Let me know if you cannot find one and want it; ill put another one up.) I'm using the .643 now and have been for about 3 weeks (more or less) and its been the best build I've used on any of my devices.
    05-18-10 09:44 PM
    Hey guys I currently have a Tour running Verizon's latest on it. I was curious, if I go to a site say YOUTUBE for example am I required to put in the "m" for the mobile site or does the BB browser automatically take you to the mobile site if a web page has one? Also any one else notice that the BB broswer takes FOREVER to load pages, Im talking like 45 sec to a minute to load espn.com!!! Thanks guys
    Depends on the web page. Some can detect the blackberry and will automatically route you to their mobile site. Some don't.
    05-18-10 11:55 PM
    Where can I find the .643? and when I download it does it automatically replace the .591 tht I hav on here now?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-10 04:38 AM
    You can set your phone so that web pages recognize it as a "mobile" device or as an actual computer. It will render the pages differently depending on how you have it set.

Go into your Browser > Menu Key > Options > Browser Configuration > Make sure "Blackberry" is checked.

If "Blackberry" is not checked and you go to youtube or click a youtube link in a message, it will load up the youtube page and then say that the video is unavailable and that you need to download flash(because it thinks your using a computer). Espn also has a mobile page which will be recognized automatically as well.

05-19-10 07:08 AM
    Where can I find the .643? and when I download it does it automatically replace the .591 tht I hav on here now?

Do you have DROPBOX on your computer? If you do I can let you download it through my shared folder easily. PM me or send me an email if you'd like to do this.
    05-19-10 08:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD