I'm using an 8GB PQI MicroSD that has been working great for weeks. Lots of music and photos saved on it. But one day and went to use the camera and an alert came up saying that since there was no media card inserted, pictures would be saved on the internal memory. WTH? I open the media player and see that none of my music is showing up either. I go into options->memory and see that "media card support" is on, "Mass storage" is on, "MTP" is on, and "Auto enable" is on. At the bottom is just says "A media card is not presently inserted in the device. So I open the battery cover and remove the media card, reinsert it paying special attention to ensuring it's in all the way, and nothing. No popups on the screen. Nothing. So I pull the battery. After the 2+min boot up, it flashes an alert saying "Media Card Removed" and then quickly goes away leaving me at the home screen. I've tried plugging it into my computer and can't get into the card that way either. I've tried updating softwares, etc with no positive results. I've tried just about everything....help!
    09-12-09 04:04 PM
    I am not a expert but I had the same issue with a SD card one day working fine next day gone the card just died with all my picture. I cried a lot and bought a new one.
    09-12-09 04:16 PM
    Try another card. If that works then it its the card, if not it might be the card reader.
    09-12-09 04:36 PM
    Well. You guys were right. Bunk memory card. Dug around my house and found two other MicroSD cards. Both of them pop right up. I also found an SD adapter and tried them all in my laptop's card reader. All read except my new 8GB. This is crap. I bought this thing under a month ago...... ONLINE. Now it's going to be a huge pain in the *** trying to get a new one....
    09-12-09 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD