The past 3 weeks with this phone has been GREAT, except for 1 thing. There seems to be a certain spot, where if I touch the back door of my Tour there, it forces the phone to reboot (doesn't happen all the time). The only thing that would explain this to me would be a loose battery or something of that nature.

Has anyone else had this issue?
    09-14-09 08:24 PM
    The past 3 weeks with this phone has been GREAT, except for 1 thing. There seems to be a certain spot, where if I touch the back door of my Tour there, it forces the phone to reboot (doesn't happen all the time). The only thing that would explain this to me would be a loose battery or something of that nature.

Has anyone else had this issue?
    Thats really odd, I have not heard of this. Maybe you can clean the connections on the battery/Tour or something, maybe that would help.
    09-14-09 08:27 PM
    I would recommend not touching it there. .

Do you have an idea what's under the magic reset spot? If not then we probably need to figure that part out first. Once you've figured that out try without the cover on and see if you can replicate it. Thatll at least tell you what component to look at.

Or maybe just try for a different one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 08:33 PM
    Are you touching the "charging" contacts on the rear of the battery door - that might be causing an electrical short.
    09-14-09 08:35 PM
    Just tried to replicate it and I couldnt get it to work again...hopefully thats a good thing.
    09-14-09 08:48 PM

Problem Solved Your welcome!
    09-16-09 01:08 AM

Problem Solved Your welcome!
    Hahaha. Excellent first post my friend!
    09-16-09 01:29 AM
    Its what's affectionately known as the B Spot.

09-16-09 01:38 AM
    I've been known to reboot if touched in just the right spot. I used to reboot far more often and even if I was touched even in the general vicinity of the spot, or someone looked at my spot, or if I looked at their right spot. Over time my reboot sequence has degraded to requiring more concentrated spot-touching and an absence of distractions.

09-16-09 04:03 AM
    Just don't pull my battery!

09-16-09 04:04 AM
    That button doesn't even cause a reboot.
    09-16-09 05:02 AM
    Real cute comments people. You got a helluva future in comedy.

By the looks of post counts...my questions should not be viewed as a noob-confused. But rather ur statements.
    Last edited by shaydakiss23; 09-16-09 at 09:31 AM.
    09-16-09 09:28 AM
    That button doesn't even cause a reboot.
    Atleast SOMEBODY here know's what they're talkin about. Thanks for validating my last comment...it's clear who the real noobs are here.
    09-16-09 09:33 AM
    I have never had my tour do that, but i have had my curve when i had it restart by itself if i set it down to hard or even somtimes if i touched it in the wrong spots. I think its caused by battery being slightly loose but who knows.
    09-16-09 11:35 AM
    relax shady.... My storm would reboot at the slightest tap. The cause was the stuff I had wedged under the battery and the jolt would cause the batt to separate from the contacts, kinda like the problem the palm pre had at launch. Check your battery contacts and that they r clean and the battery is in there snug.

and you should use less lotion on your skin, let it get a little tougher.

09-16-09 04:40 PM
    I'd get a new Tour. The warehouse just got in some new blue dot's.
    09-16-09 04:47 PM
    and you should use less lotion on your skin, let it get a little tougher.

and you should recognize the lack of toughness in your internet statement. People get a lil technology and have no limits. pulease.
    09-16-09 09:24 PM
    The past 3 weeks with this phone has been GREAT, except for 1 thing. There seems to be a certain spot, where if I touch the back door of my Tour there, it forces the phone to reboot
    Wow... this could be the misquoted innuendo filled thread ever... and i love it lol

Soooo you're saying your Tour has it's own G-Spot?
    09-16-09 10:12 PM
    And I see this thread exploding (no pun intended) into one of the best CB threads ever lol
    09-16-09 10:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD