I've been reading all of these posts lately about the tour and alot of people have been saying theyve had like 2 tours or started saying all these bad things about it.
    i have the tour and the only problem is the batt. door is a bit loose

what problems have you guys been having?
    Do any of you really like it?

(sorry if this is a repeat.)
    07-29-09 11:27 PM
    No, it's not. Just like with the Storm the nit picking threads get more attention than anything else. I'm not going to post a thread about how I love everything about my tour, someone looking to find fault will. Granted there are going to be serious issues (IE trackball not working) but there are serious issues with ANY phone release (such as an LG VU touch screen not working or a LG Scoop shutting down when you slide it open, both of which I have personally seen) It's an awesome device, period.
    07-29-09 11:36 PM
    the problem with mine is actually very annoying. It slips to 1X from 1XEV. Everything goes slow when this happens and it happens too much
    07-29-09 11:42 PM
    I'm getting mine on Saturday..i'll let you know lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 11:43 PM
    People who are having issues will always post. Those of us that have had no issues dont. I havent even had the battery cover issue. As with any mass produced product there will be some issues. I love my Tour.
    07-29-09 11:44 PM
    Love mine now!

07-29-09 11:57 PM
    Mine has been great. I did have to get a new battery door, but other than that it's perfect!
    07-30-09 12:08 AM
    TOUR4LIFE...hah it's a pretty naughty phone.
    07-30-09 12:23 AM
    Awsome phone. As already stated, people with problems tend to post to try to find fixes for their issues.. very understandable. The vast majority of Tour Owners likely do not even consider posting and are extremely happy.

I can tell you that the phone is very well designed. I love the soft standby keys on the top of the phone. The size is perfect.. The side smart buttons are well placed. The trackball works as well as any trackball no better but no worse!!!.. the screen is stunning! The BB operating system is the latest and refined. I say you will not look back.
    07-30-09 12:35 AM
    No, it's not. Just like with the Storm the nit picking threads get more attention than anything else. I'm not going to post a thread about how I love everything about my tour, someone looking to find fault will. Granted there are going to be serious issues (IE trackball not working) but there are serious issues with ANY phone release (such as an LG VU touch screen not working or a LG Scoop shutting down when you slide it open, both of which I have personally seen) It's an awesome device, period.
    Amen brother. And honestly it just seems like people are getting pickier and pickier with things that aren't even really issues. It really is a fantastic handset. I am very happy with mine!
    07-30-09 12:35 AM
    the Tour is an awesome phone, best I have ever had for sure. I have the occasional trackball gets all weirded out issue, but pressing down on it hard fixes it for a good days use (i also tend to have OCD issues and test out the trackball by going left and right 1000+ times a day, which i think hurts more than helps -_-). Easily, the Tour is the best phone VZW and Sprint have to offer IMHO.
    07-30-09 12:38 AM
    The only bad thing about the tour was the length of time I had to wait until I got mine. Aside from that you'll have to pry my tour out of my vise-like grip.
    07-30-09 12:42 AM
    Best BlackBerry I've ever had. If you get a bad Tour, trade it in. People are complaining about issues with their Tours but I doubt they have any problems with the replacement Tours they receive.

07-30-09 12:45 AM
    This is my first Blackberry ever, and I'm glad I waited and didn't jump all over the Storm last year. I am much more comfortable with a real qwerty keyboard, so I patiently waited for the "Niagara" to arrive. All but one other family member have gone with the 8830 WE BBs.

I have been fortunate to have no issues with this phone. The battery door is just fine, and the screen doesn't get squeezed like some people insist on doing to "test" it for rippling. I bought a hard snap on case for it, stuck it on, then put it in the holster. I got the phone a few days after it's release, and literally had to stop a colleague mid-sentence in order to activate the device. The phone has been a non-stop machine since, with no lagginess or other issues that have been mentioned.

My only complaint would be the battery life of the device, but this is more a matter of my usage rather than the battery or device itself. Overall, a very well built device.
    07-30-09 01:05 AM
    No it really isn't! Mine is great! No problems...beens good! Ppl are just to picky about their phone or just read some of these forums and figure there's something wrong with theirs too!

07-30-09 01:21 AM
    Definitely not bad like it's portrayed in this forum. This is also the best phone I've ever had, I have played with the Curve and Bold quite a bit because a whole bunch of my friends have BB's and this is my fav BB by far...I don't have 5% of the discussed problems here, and honestly I probably wouldn't have noticed if I didn't read about them here.

07-30-09 01:24 AM
    the problem with mine is actually very annoying. It slips to 1X from 1XEV. Everything goes slow when this happens and it happens too much
    Hoping that was sarcasm

07-30-09 02:06 AM
    I love my tour very much...hands doqn the best phone I have owned...I've had it for a week and I've had none of the issues people have had since they've taken theirs out of the box...now with all new things comes downfalls but that just means greater improvement...same thing happened with my iphone...I had the first model that came out and a year later I went thru 7 software upgrades and it just got better and better

07-30-09 02:15 AM
    Definitely not bad like it's portrayed in this forum. This is also the best phone I've ever had, I have played with the Curve and Bold quite a bit because a whole bunch of my friends have BB's and this is my fav BB by far...I don't have 5% of the discussed problems here, and honestly I probably wouldn't have noticed if I didn't read about them here.

true i agree. only thing i have is the trackball not always going where intended but that could be me not actually moving it in the actual direction... this fone beats any of the others ive had.
    07-30-09 02:41 AM
    I haven't had any problems with the Tour. Many times the issues and complaints of any forums is a very small percentage of actual users. Most people are content.
    07-30-09 02:56 AM
    I love the Tour. I had the storm and its like night and day. Before the storm i was a long time Windows Mobile user. I have no complaints at all for the Tour. Love it.
    07-30-09 03:07 AM
    I've been reading all of these posts lately about the tour and alot of people have been saying theyve had like 2 tours or started saying all these bad things about it.

Put a small piece of electrical tape inder the door right next to the latch to tighten it up a bit.

No more loose door!

ps: Love my Tour
    07-30-09 08:30 AM
    No problems. Best BB I've owned. Fast, great screen, great browser, nice keyboard, GPS - simply a quality device. No complaints.

07-30-09 10:53 AM
    wel i got a problem with my tour which i never had this problem with anyother blackberry n its getting me very mad. im on my second tour because the speaker keeps cutting out and i noticed the old one would blink a red led n say i have a sms when i dont and its the same thing with the new one whenever i get am sms right when i connect to a call its gone but says it there neevr comes through and i have to do a battery pull i just did two battery pulls for this in the last 30 mins very annoying is there a easier way around this, after i do the battery pull the messages come in that are missing ? or should i say screw u tour and get something else none of my other blackberrys did this
    Last edited by xkmakx; 07-30-09 at 11:02 AM.
    07-30-09 10:56 AM
    bunch of people whining over problems that can easily be fixed if they would just search/read the forums...it's the same thing as any new phone that comes out...there is going to be problems with it...some that will take a new OS to fix...but a lot of people are complaining over problems with the phone it self that have already been addressed on how to fix some where on this site.

my phone is perfect. i have no problems with it. i upgraded to BBM5 and the hybrid 4.7/5.0 OS and my phone runs fast, smooth and better then any other BB i've had or still have.
    Last edited by tehman; 07-30-09 at 11:02 AM.
    07-30-09 10:59 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD