Hey everyone. So i just upgraded my verizon 8830 world to the tour yesterday. so far so good, love the new OS and some of the perks that come with this model, neverr realized just how out of date my 2007 world edition actually was. One of the main reasons that I upgraded was because my PowerMac G5 (NOT INTEL BASED) started having problems syncing with my world. At first it would sync some things, then sometimes not at all. It would miss a lot of stuff, dates from iCal specifically. I thought that these problems would resolve itself with the new phone, though unfortunately I was wrong.....meaning that it is a computer problem, NOT a bberry problem.

People have recommended downloading 'the missing sync'. Does anyone have any advice on this ? Similar problems ? Ive never been a huge fan of Pocketmac as it is clearly a Blackberry afterthought as they are very PC friendly, though im reluctant to pay for sync software when im not really sure what the problem is.....usb ports, drivers etc.

any advice is greatly appreciated.
    07-14-09 09:58 AM
    I had Missing Sync when i had the World Edition phone and didn't think it worked any better than PocketMac. I had to reconfig it monthly, and never really saw the benefit.

Who knows, it could be better now than when i used in in 2007. Good luck 
    07-14-09 10:15 AM
    Missing Sync 2.0 works flawlessly with the Tour... iTunes, iPhoto, iCal, AddressBook... all work great. Also includes a video converter so you can convert anything that doesn't have DRM.
    07-14-09 10:36 AM
    Same here, 4+ hours on the phone with RIM. Still no solution.
    Is MissingSync the way to go?
    07-14-09 10:59 AM
    Same here, 4+ hours on the phone with RIM. Still no solution.
    Is MissingSync the way to go?
    Yes... just suck it up and buy Missing Sync.
    07-14-09 04:05 PM
    Great, thanks!
    07-15-09 08:39 AM
    I was also having too many problems with Pocket Mac and purchased Missing Sync. I have had absolutely no problems with it. I works flawlessly. I only wish that I could get it to sync with my Entourage Calendar.
    07-15-09 08:45 AM
    Hello,

This is my first post on Crackberry forums.

I just received my Tour and activated it today. I'm now trying to sync with PocketMac but the device does not seem to be recognized.

Also, I have been using VZAccess Manager with my prior phone (Verizon Blackberry 8703) to access the internet via tethering. Seems VZAccess Manager does not recognize the new Tour device either.

Several months ago, out of frustration with PocketMac, I tried the Missing Sync application (free trial version 1.0). It worked fine until I re-installed VZAccess Manager. I guess the common thread was the VZAccess Manager?? Anyway, neither PocketMac nor Missing Sync seem to work when I had VZAccess Manager on my Mac. Therefore, I'm hesitant to purchase Missing Sync.

I'm just wondering if my experiences are unique?? Is the problem that VZAccess Manager doesn't agree with anything or am I having "operator error" issues.

Thanks
    07-16-09 05:19 PM
    originally they couldn't send my contacts over at the verizon store (something about going to 50 and then aborting) so i come home bluetooth my curve addressbook to my 1st gen macbook and then used pocketmac to sync the addressbook with suprising sucess...when i had the curve it would always error out...but i just used it for contacts nothing like ical....just latest version of pocketmac with the driver updates on an intel macbook
    07-16-09 05:32 PM
    Get Missing Sync! I spent countless hours trying to get my pocketmac to synch with my new tour and it was so frustrating. I finally decided to just spend the $40 and get Missing Sync and I have had no problems, syncs great.
    07-16-09 08:35 PM
    I would also say get missing sync, I was worried but I only had 1 issue with missing sync and it was just because of the file types.

Which i fixed in a sec don't waste your time with pocket mac. Missing sync all the way!
    07-16-09 10:08 PM
    I too bought MissingSync, although I did have problems in the beginning, I believe thewse to be related to file errors, It works like it should. So Far, I am keeping my fingers crossed. It does seem to be a very stable program.
    07-17-09 07:37 AM
    missing sync seems to be money awesome I'll be purchasing soon
    07-17-09 07:52 AM
    Buy Missing Sync. It's worth it. I had some problems getting it installed on my Curve, but it went straight on my Tour with no problems. If you DO have problems getting it installed, once you figure it out (and you will - if I could do it with my first Mac/first BB, you'll be able to get it working), it's very stable.

In fact, my husband still hasn't been able to get all his contacts transfered doing whatever they do in the store - mine synced right up and I had EVERYTHING (cal and all) in about 2 minutes. He keeps saying, "I am PC" and I say "Have at it" but that's a whole other topic!
    07-17-09 07:55 AM
    Tried Missing Sync and had no end of problems. I am on to Pocket Mac now and while it is slow, it works. I only sync calendar and address book as I figure that keeping it simple is better than messing it all up with other stuff to sync with and it's much easier to troubleshoot when and if something goes wrong. Am getting clean syncs between my 8830 and macbook pro now for 7 days in a row. Keeping my fingers crossed!
    Hope that RIM comes out with a desktop for Mac as my old PC and the latest RIM desktop worked beautifully.
    07-17-09 05:27 PM
    I have a newer iMac and the Tour. I just started using Missing Sync. I could never get PocketMac to work. But I was able to sync mt Tour right up and back everything up. Its easy to use and you can sync via bluetooth. I know that my trial ends in a week and yes I do plan on spending the 40 bucks to buy the program.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 05:37 PM
    I've been running it with no problems since I got my tour. It really does work as advertised.

07-17-09 06:16 PM
    Hi, I'm new to the forum. I've been really impressed with the amount of info here!

I generally like Missing Synch except I've had some issues with it conflicting with my BB Desktop Software. I've pretty much figured out how to navigate through the problems and MS works well most of the time.

My question, if anyone else is having this esoteric problem, is how I arrange photos on my BB Tour using the Missing Synch software. I can't seem to get the photos, when I click "move to", to actually move into the files that I've selected and named. Also, there is an "UP" folder which I don't understand at all. Seems like it should be a no-brainer, but I'm going around in circles with this. Anyone have any suggestions/ideas? Thanks!
    11-18-09 04:27 PM
    I have a newer iMac and the Tour. I just started using Missing Sync. I could never get PocketMac to work. But I was able to sync mt Tour right up and back everything up. Its easy to use and you can sync via bluetooth. I know that my trial ends in a week and yes I do plan on spending the 40 bucks to buy the program.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm a Mac user too. Do you know how to format the photos on your BB Tour that you've downloaded from iPhoto using the Missing Synch/ MarkSpace software? All I'm trying to do is get the
    photos into separate files (I"ve made files for them all), however I
    haven't been able to move them where I want them to go...any
    help would be appreciated!
    11-19-09 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD