I have a mac, hate windows,,,software updates in the future..do you think i would be able to do them OTA like the storm??
    07-02-09 10:59 AM
    I would only imagine so :-)
    07-02-09 11:01 AM
    I think this is included in all the "newer" RIM os'

I don't think its necessarily phone specific
    07-02-09 12:52 PM
    You hate windows? Seems odd to hate an OS. I mean, maybe prefer one over the other, but hate? If you truely hate it, you must be extremely tech savy, and therefore should have no issue getting your crapbook, *cough* macbook, to dual boot so you could just use windows when you needed an update. Then again, it probably will go OTA.
    07-02-09 01:14 PM
    OTA will be available on the device... but like others said I would still say that a Dual boot setup could be useful..
    07-02-09 01:20 PM
    You hate windows? Seems odd to hate an OS. I mean, maybe prefer one over the other, but hate? If you truely hate it, you must be extremely tech savy, and therefore should have no issue getting your crapbook, *cough* macbook, to dual boot so you could just use windows when you needed an update. Then again, it probably will go OTA.
    that was constructive. i hate windows as well. i use linux. feel like slinging mud at me? go away troll.

anyways, will pocket mac work?
    07-02-09 01:29 PM
    I didnt sling mud at anyone, it just seems very odd to actually hate an OS. They all do different things for different purposes. Your useless post just eats up space.

The user can setup dual boot as a worse case scenario, and still have full functionality. go away troll.
    07-02-09 01:33 PM
    I didnt sling mud at anyone, it just seems very odd to actually hate an OS. They all do different things for different purposes. Your useless post just eats up space.

The user can setup dual boot as a worse case scenario, and still have full functionality. go away troll.
    you find it odd for a user to hate an os? you need to come into the tech world for about 3 minutes then. Besides, to set up a dual boot would require the op to purchase windows, and for what? To upgrade their berry. My post at least offered help, yours was just pointless, much as this post has been.

another option for the op is to use a friend to upgrade. i have offered countless times to help windows challenged people upgrade their berries on my windows machine.

now dstar2002, before you come back and chastise me for having windows I have it out of necessity of a few programs that I need to run. It is on a secondary machine that is over 3 years old now connected via a kvm.
    Last edited by Syco54645; 07-02-09 at 01:55 PM.
    07-02-09 01:52 PM
    From what we have heard VZW is pushing to have ota updates for all phones to encourage more self-service by the customer...so I would have to say I'm almost 100% sure it will
    07-02-09 02:43 PM
    I have a a VZW Tour and have done the Device update. Still do not yet have the option to do an OTA Device update.

Maybe it will so up at some point....
    07-19-09 11:02 AM
    Using Desktop Manager to update your device software is so much faster though, a lot of people had issues because their batteries ran low and died halfway through the install...
    07-19-09 11:28 AM
    Ouch. You must be brave because wrath of a mac fanboy (especially if they're self-proclaimed tech experts) is unlike anything else.
    07-19-09 11:49 AM
    i'm not tech savy, and i HATE windows. holla-
    07-19-09 12:52 PM
    Windows is inferior to Mac hands down.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 06:21 PM
    i'm glad OTA updates will be available for those of us that don't have PCs or Macs!

Totally mobile!

07-19-09 06:30 PM
    If you truely hate it, you must be extremely tech savy, and therefore should have no issue getting your crapbook, *cough* macbook, to dual boot so you could just use windows when you needed an update.
    That is true, but to obtain a legalized copy of windows costs money that i'm sure he doesn't want to spend just to use for his blackberry. I have a my macbook with windows xp and linux os. You must be biased towards windows.

To op: i personally don't use mac os for my blackberry. I use my desktop windows computer for that. But if you don't have one, find a buddy's computer running windows and see if they'll let you use it (or do OTA if available).
    Last edited by AFitchguy07; 07-19-09 at 06:56 PM.
    07-19-09 06:49 PM
    Mac and Windows both stink...I use my Commodore 64 to do all my work, but I dont care what or why you use the OS you use, why would I? This whole forum is becoming very childish. Can we keep one thread ON topic and not have 10 threads on the same topic (ie: BBM5 being released, come on!). Maybe bc there is a mix of veterans and newbies in this thread but lets keep it a little civil.
    07-19-09 07:24 PM
    I don't HATE windows as a whole, I like XP somewhat, I do HATE vista as a whole....terrible effin os, and I rly like windows 7.

I run a desktop with windows 7 at home and my laptop is a unibody macbook pro with bootcamp and vmware so I can run unity mode at work!

07-19-09 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD