Well it doesn't work for all- I've done the battery pull and *228 and a battery pull and still no OTA update option. Is this grounds for a return?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 09:16 PM
    Well it doesn't work for all- I've done the battery pull and *228 and a battery pull and still no OTA update option. Is this grounds for a return?

No. it can be pushed to the phone without any assistance by the end user. Now, if we all start getting updates and you don't see anything, then you can worry.
    08-22-09 09:18 PM
    got it. thanks guys!
    also, anyone know specifics about saving apps to the mem card?
    08-22-09 10:51 PM
    dont panic if its working fine dont worry be happy....
    08-22-09 11:06 PM
    Um no, sorry. I am on Sprint and I have the wireless update option.
    Yes, as far as I know all TELUS Tours had this feature out of the box�
    Actually my wife's 8330 and my former 8330 now used by my employee both have it too. (Also on TELUS)

It's funny though: despite being include on all TELUS Tours, a Data Network Assistance rep told me this week that TELUS does not yet support this feature. Hopefully they do by the time an OS update finally emerges. I'm curious to see it in action.

08-22-09 11:09 PM
    I wonder if sending service books to yourself would have given you the wireless update option in lieu of a batery pull and/or *228?

08-23-09 12:00 AM
    Last night around midnight all the cellphones in my house lost service I did the service books *228 and the battery pull, now I have "wireless update" and I will never know what did it. LOL
    08-23-09 02:48 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD