In one of the hands-on reviews (http://crackberry.com/blackberry-9630-review) it was mentioned that the Tour OS (at least at that point) had the Storm-style blue bubbles when you were on an option screen, instead of the plainer text style.

Does anyone know if it's possible to turn this off and just use the text style? It seems like a lot of wasted space just to have the bigger bubbles, especially since we can't touch them anyway. A lot more options can be shown on the screen without having to scroll if these large bubbles weren't there.

Thanks.
    Last edited by JohnJSal; 06-26-09 at 11:08 AM.
    06-25-09 11:39 PM
    In one of the hands-on reviews it was mentioned that the Tour OS (at least at that point) had the Storm-style blue bubbles when you were on an option screen, instead of the plainer text style.

Does anyone know if it's possible to turn this off and just use the text style? It seems like a lot of wasted space just to have the bigger bubbles, especially since we can't touch them anyway. A lot more options can be shown on the screen without having to scroll if these large bubbles weren't there.

Thanks.
    pretty much all the new os' look this way and this is the way it is..

the bold tour storm etc all look the same..

there a bit smaller then that of the storm because the screen is smaller..

the storm is actually enlarged...
    06-25-09 11:43 PM
    Lol.........
    06-26-09 11:03 AM
    Lol.........
    Wow, how....significant.
    06-26-09 11:03 AM
    i am not sure exactly what your ? means...but maybe themes would be a solution?
    06-26-09 11:05 AM
    i am not sure exactly what your ? means...but maybe themes would be a solution?
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-9630-review

Scroll down to the "Storm Menus" section.
    06-26-09 11:08 AM
    Wow, how....significant.
    Sorry I just find it funny that you're kinda complaining about having to scroll.
    06-26-09 11:09 AM
    Sorry I just find it funny that you're kinda complaining about having to scroll.
    First off, that's not really what I'm complaining about. I'm complaining that the larger bubbles waste a lot of space and don't add any functionality. Why not just leave it as the text version (or at least give us a choice) so more can fit on the screen?

Second, in this particular case, what's wrong with complaining about scrolling? In normal usage I'm not complaining about it, but when it's unnecessary, don't I have a right to complain?
    06-26-09 11:14 AM
    Yes. Just move your most used icons to top and least used to bottom. I only have 8 on my storm. I made sub folders and put everything in there by category.
    06-26-09 11:14 AM
    Yes. Just move your most used icons to top and least used to bottom. I only have 8 on my storm. I made sub folders and put everything in there by category.
    Jesus, do you even understand what I'm talking about!? I'm not complaining about scrolling on the home screen!
    06-26-09 11:17 AM
    First off, that's not really what I'm complaining about. I'm complaining that the larger bubbles waste a lot of space and don't add any functionality. Why not just leave it as the text version (or at least give us a choice) so more can fit on the screen?

Second, in this particular case, what's wrong with complaining about scrolling? In normal usage I'm not complaining about it, but when it's unnecessary, don't I have a right to complain?
    Well it's just asthetics.. Doesn't serve a purpose.It' s just for looks. Plus I'm sure you can make it smaller with the font size. Maybe the font was turned up for review purposes? It looks the same as other phones except the drop down menu is blue to make changes.. I'm pretty sure that's a larger font he's using?

Just giving you a hard time
    Last edited by Tdubby; 06-26-09 at 11:29 AM.
    06-26-09 11:25 AM
    Well it's just asthetics.. Doesn't serve a purpose.It' s just for looks. Plus I'm sure you can make it smaller with the font size. Maybe the font was turned up for review purposes? It looks the same as other phones except the drop down menu is blue to make changes.. I'm pretty sure that's a larger font he's using?
    Not sure what font size has to do with it when there will still be a large "bubble" around the currently selected option, taking up all that extra space.

Just giving you a hard time
    Clearly
    06-26-09 12:30 PM
    You're refering to this right?

Ah yeah that's just part of the OS. The storm has the same thing.
    06-26-09 03:58 PM

Because all OSs for ALL Blackberries will be streamlined in such a way that they look and feel almost identical to other BBs. This is going to hold even more true under 5.x and is an inherent development that started happening in 4.6, progressed in 4.7, and will migrate fully into the 5.x builds. The only differences will be the input method, everything else will be almost identical (within reason).

Why did RIM do this... streamlined similarity of interfaces to show consitency between handsets and for ease of development (most importantly). It's easier to contain bugs and issues with the interfaces if they all depend upon a single "core" design frameset.

BTW, if you want anything to complain about for the Tour... complain about RIM's stencil machine not being able to line up a carrier logo with the bottom keyboard bezel to save it fracking life.
    06-26-09 04:18 PM
    You could also hide some of the things you don't really use that often too. That's what I do. But I'm also sure when people start to get a hold of this phone and make themes there may be one out there with smaller "bubble" icons.
    06-26-09 04:46 PM
    You could also hide some of the things you don't really use that often too. That's what I do. But I'm also sure when people start to get a hold of this phone and make themes there may be one out there with smaller "bubble" icons.
    lol, you can't hide menu options.
    06-26-09 05:01 PM
    lol, you can't hide menu options.
    I wasn't sure if that's what the topic was about or not. I'm a little sleepy and probably should have just kept quiet but thank you for bringing my error to my attention.
    06-26-09 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD