So I received tour number five this morning and yet the same old issues continue to haunt me....battery door, muffled sound, horrible quality control issues (gaps around screen) and so on.

I am so over the Tour already. How can RIM put out such piece and get away with it? This is my fifth one in one month
    08-13-09 08:36 AM
    Sorry you have to go through so many...I'm on number 1 and everything is still great. Maybe it"s time to...give up?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 08:40 AM
    Im on #5 as well. And im also having call sound quality issues, and ive been dropping calls every so often. And im now 1 day out of my 30. So im beat. I went to the store yesterday about it and they said that there is nothing wrong with the phone and that they couldnt replace it with another Tour again, only a different model. Looks like im SOL.
    08-13-09 08:56 AM
    Im on #5 as well. And im also having call sound quality issues, and ive been dropping calls every so often. And im now 1 day out of my 30. So im beat. I went to the store yesterday about it and they said that there is nothing wrong with the phone and that they couldnt replace it with another Tour again, only a different model. Looks like im SOL.
    If you do that 3 times they will give you a comparable phone. lucky for you the tour is at the top of the food chain so you could most likely switch to any other BB. My buddy just did this with his storm and got a tour for no extra money after having his storm for like 7 months.
    08-13-09 09:01 AM
    Too bad, I've had mine since day 1 and it's been perfect
    08-13-09 09:01 AM
    same thing happened to me ^^, now i have a tour.. Let me just say, if you think the Tour has some issues... BE GLAD you didnt have the S**T Storm!!
    08-13-09 09:03 AM
    Wow that's so strange how the tour is giving you so many issues but if its your 5 than I say go for another phone

08-13-09 09:03 AM
    So I received tour number five this morning and yet the same old issues continue to haunt me....battery door, muffled sound, horrible quality control issues (gaps around screen) and so on.

I am so over the Tour already. How can RIM put out such pieces and get away with it? This is my fifth one in one month!

im sorry to her that im on my first tour as well everything is great so far u should get two tours for the price of one for all ur problems...
    08-13-09 09:29 AM
    Ah that sucks. My first one is working perfectly
    08-13-09 09:34 AM
    My first one was good enough to keep but felt that for the money I shouldn't settle, but my second one is excellent. Sorry to here all the problems. Funny its Sprint people happy with the phone and VW people on number 5 with dropped calls. Not saying one is better then the other just a kinda turn of the table with this phone.
    08-13-09 09:41 AM

I am so over the Tour already. How can RIM put out such pieces and get away with it? This is my fifth one in one month!
    I also think it's time for you to give it up. I can't imagine somebody swapping phones 4 different times in 30 days.....I am on number one as many others....did you get all the phones from the same store??
    08-13-09 09:44 AM
    Sorry you have to go through so many...I'm on number 1 and everything is still great. Maybe it"s time to...give up?

I'm new to this forum, a first time bb user, and still on tour #1 (not without its issues) and I have to agree. If I had to get more than one replacement I would move on to a new device.

08-13-09 09:49 AM
    I don't think you and the Tour were meant to be, it's time to move on.
    08-13-09 09:52 AM

u are being kinda of ridiculous....5th? What were u expecting different with each one? Were you expecting them to make one different then everyone else's especially for you? This was how the phone was made return it already and stop wasting brand new tours.
    08-13-09 09:53 AM
    I've wondered about this and how our personalities play a role in the phone. I'm on Tour #1, the door wiggles a bit, the screen ripples, the call quality is poor (i never use the phone though), but, dare I say it on this forum....it's just a phone.
    08-13-09 09:56 AM
    Gaps around the screen? Its a mass produced device not a hand crafted rolex. Its not like it is chiseled from one piece of material. Its plastic and is stamped/molded in massive quantities. Of course not everything will sit perfectly snug.

08-13-09 09:59 AM
    I'm on my 3rd. I was literally toying with the idea of returning the phone and not looking back. Perhaps, maybe waiting for the next gen or the revisions to come out. Even then, I thought to myself, what are the chances of getting one of those. By the time I decide to get another one, it could get mixed into the shuffle with the first gen Blackberries.

Here's how it went for me.

First one ordered via Telesales (Mexico 5). Muffled sound problems and weak signal strength.

Second one - Exchanged in the store. That one was a Mexico 5. Problems I had with that one was the sticky trackball.

Third one - Which I decided to exchange over Sprint Orders support. That one that I received was also a Mexico 5. That one has been good out of the box. I will say this about the audio and it had a SLIGHT muffled sound to it. I just enhanced the audio call and boosted the treble and has been perfect.
    08-13-09 10:04 AM
    op...don't listen to the ignorant haters. nobody with any sense wants to pay $ for a phone, and/or extend your contract and lose your ne2 on a phone that has issues.

i went through 4...all of them had AT LEAST two of the following issues: bad battery covers, trackball issues, bluetooth problems, dropped calls, bad light leakage.

i travel with my job and have visited many vzn stores. not all the floor models have these issues.

i am glad i kept my curve. i returned the tour and went back to the curve for now. i am going to start looking at phones again, once my contract and ne2 gets reset. i may give the tour another shot because it's an awesome phone and i am sure qc will tighten things up as new batches are made.
    Last edited by chiplatham; 08-13-09 at 10:18 AM.
    08-13-09 10:13 AM
    u are being kinda of ridiculous....5th? What were u expecting different with each one? Were you expecting them to make one different then everyone else's especially for you? This was how the phone was made return it already and stop wasting brand new tours.

My thoughts exactly on this! After the 2nd one the OP should have known it was not just a defect with the first device. If you don't like something about a device get something else. It is pretty simple.
    08-13-09 10:15 AM
    Im on my 2nd going in for number 3. First one had loose battery door and ear piece was crackly sounded like tin foil whenever i put the phone next to me ear. Number 2 had no issues at first, then the menu key sounds and feels like it is sticking. Press and all I get is this annoying ca click from beneath my thumb. The wife says its because of my Goliath size thumbs, like she knows what shes talking about... But I know i will get the perfect one soon, still got high hopes for this beautiful paper weight.
    08-13-09 10:18 AM
    People need to stop being stop being so damn nitpicky about the device. Seems like since RIM has been releasing more and more devices, people purposly look for ways to nitpick the device and find flaws.

Did people do this with the old flip phones? No..

yes, you do pay for the devices, and perhaps it was/wasn't cheap, but the fact of the matter is, every device has flaws, picking them out is going to do nothing but waste your time and waste brand new devices.

I got an idea.. buy stock in popsicle sticks, and then build a bridge with one and GET OVER IT.
    08-13-09 10:27 AM
    I've wondered about this and how our personalities play a role in the phone. I'm on Tour #1, the door wiggles a bit, the screen ripples, the call quality is poor (i never use the phone though), but, dare I say it on this forum....it's just a phone.
    I think personalities play a big part and much of it has to do with unrealistic expectations.

I got my Tour the moment the VZW store opened up on launch day, so it's first Tour from the first batch. Sure I have a few minor issues, battery door is slightly loose but I have a cover on it most of the time so I don't notice it at all. The screen ripples if I touch the screen, but this isn't a storm so I don't touch the screen.

I have no problems with bluetooth or sound quality. I guess my signal strength could be better but I'm not sure if that has to do with my phone or the location I am at sometimes. When I am home, my signal is very strong.

5 is a little extreme, I think it is time for you to try a new phone. Stop wasting your time with a device that isn't making you happy. You paid good money for a device that is supposed to do what YOU need it to do.
    08-13-09 10:28 AM
    Is the issue with a loose battery door grounds to return the phone, mine is quite loose and is getting annoying.
    08-13-09 10:42 AM
    I think personalities play a big part and much of it has to do with unrealistic expectations.

I got my Tour the moment the VZW store opened up on launch day, so it's first Tour from the first batch. Sure I have a few minor issues, battery door is slightly loose but I have a cover on it most of the time so I don't notice it at all. The screen ripples if I touch the screen, but this isn't a storm so I don't touch the screen.

I have no problems with bluetooth or sound quality. I guess my signal strength could be better but I'm not sure if that has to do with my phone or the location I am at sometimes. When I am home, my signal is very strong.

5 is a little extreme, I think it is time for you to try a new phone. Stop wasting your time with a device that isn't making you happy. You paid good money for a device that is supposed to do what YOU need it to do.
    Well said, and well said. Phones have problems, I'm the first to admit, but a creaky edge or slight shift in the battery door? LCD that ripples when you press on (or near) it? Of course these are imperfections, but as to how much of a problem they are is indeed subjective. Is a minor loose battery door a problem? No. An imperfection probably dealing with tolerances on a commercial product. Yes, it could be tighter (as well as on the other issues too), but a problem enough to warrant a dozen (or almost half) replacements?
    08-13-09 10:47 AM

As a person who deals with Blackberry customers only, the odds of you receiving 5 defective Blackberrys and myself not having to exchange even 1 that racks to up User Error 100% of the time... So you're either obsessive compulsive or not technically savy... Swap back to regular phone and use a pocket calendar, you wont be disappointed then..
    08-13-09 10:49 AM
135 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD