I was having some trouble with BBM so i did a battery pull and when the phone "restarted" the screen was white with a error code saying "reload software 552"
    I went to the Verizon Store and they tried to reload the software 2 times and it wouldn't even register as a device at all... Nothing. What could be the issue... what can i do to get the phone back up and running... I bought said Tour from a friend and couldn't get a waranty on the phone so i had to buy a brand new phone... Luckily (used loosely) i was eligible for "early" upgrade... So if ANYONE can tell me what might be the issue i would greatly appreciate it...
    03-22-10 09:48 PM
    Did you try the "nuked" BB trick on crackberry? The "not registering" is probably the pin showing up as 'UNKNOWN' and not allowing a reload. If you try the tricks posted here you might be able---with patience---coax it back to life!
    Last edited by d5115r; 03-22-10 at 09:53 PM.
    03-22-10 09:49 PM
    Google White Screen of Death...thats what you got..sucks..goodluck.
    03-22-10 09:53 PM
    Try using jl_cmdr to wipe the phone clean and then use loader.exe to reload the OS
    03-22-10 09:59 PM
    using jl_cmdr to wipe the phone clean and then use loader.exe to reload the OS

what does that mean and how do i do that?
    03-23-10 02:13 PM
    There are two options you have here:

1. If you can identify the app that was giving you problems (sounds like BBM), you might be able to remove it via DM and boot up without losing anything. However, you're still stuck with OS 4.7 and the 552 error WILL happen again eventually when you install an app. This problem seems to be random, but has something to do with the number of apps you have installed.

2. Download Sprint's official OS 5.0 (or wait until the 30th when Verizon releases theirs). Once you download it, uninstall any current OS you have on your computer and install Sprint's on your PC. Then, search for your vendor.xml file on your computer and delete it. Then install OS 5.0 on your phone using loader.exe (NOT Desktop Manager). You will lose everything unless you have a back-up, but now you'll be rid of your 552 errors for good.
    03-23-10 02:44 PM
    552 error!

552 Error fix

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 07:08 PM
    You can "force" load the OS....

Follow those steps and you will at least be able to load the OS on your phone. Unless you had previously backed up your info, you most likely will lose everything that was on there.

1) Take the battery out of your phone

2) On your computer, go to Program Files>Common Files>Research In Motion>AppLoader and open up the Loader.exe

3) Plug your phone into your computer with the battery still OUT

4) Click "Next"

5) Your drop down menu will either read "unknown" or it will display your PIN. Hit "Next"

6) If you have a password, enter it and hit "Next". If you dont have one skip this step

7) You will see the Loader.exe trying to connect to the device, immediately put the battery back into the phone

8) The list of items should be the next screen to come up! If the OS on the screen is not the one you wanted, or if there is no OS software on the list, you can click the "Add..." button, find the folder the OS you want is in and open all files in that folder.

9) Once the list is populated with all of the software that you want, be sure to check or uncheck to your specifications

10) Hit "Next"

11) After its done loading you will have to use DM to restore all of your data, and then go and get your apps back from wherever you originally downloaded them from

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by graspDESIGN; 03-23-10 at 08:10 PM.
    03-23-10 08:07 PM
    03-24-10 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD