Need your thoughts on this. For my Tour "Network Settings" network selection mode offers 2 choices: a)Automatic b) Home Only.

I am not a traveler and only plan on using my phone in the US. Which setting should I use? and Will it effect the reception I get? I feel as though my phone jumps around a lot for NO apparent reason.
    11-01-09 07:57 PM
    Leave it on automatic and change global to 1XEV
    11-01-09 08:01 PM
    Thats what I am usually on but seem to have only a couple of bars in 1XEV and then my phone will jump to 1X often while just sitting in same spot. When I had my Pearl I had no such issue. Always great reception.
    11-01-09 08:05 PM
    Set it to 1XEV/Home only. Network selection options available depend on what is set in network technology. Be sure to save and maybe reboot the phone. Don't forget to check the coverage map. Also be sure to do *228 Option 2 to update your PRL every once in a while.
    11-01-09 08:08 PM
    Thats what I am usually on but seem to have only a couple of bars in 1XEV and then my phone will jump to 1X often while just sitting in same spot. When I had my Pearl I had no such issue. Always great reception.
    Have you tried updating your prl?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 08:08 PM
    I guess I'm not sure what the diff. is between the 2. (Auto. and Home Only)

Yes. I update my prl *228 every couple of weeks.
    Last edited by BlkBryAddict; 11-01-09 at 08:13 PM.
    11-01-09 08:09 PM
    Home only I believe, means the device will not work outside your home area.
    Last edited by lastraid; 11-01-09 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Fix typo
    11-01-09 08:12 PM
    I'm not too sure either. What about the SIM card, should I remove it or leave it be? I read a little on it and couldn't find a Tour related thread, just for Storm.
    11-01-09 08:15 PM
    Home only I beleive, means the device will not work outside your home area.
    You're correct!
    11-01-09 08:16 PM
    I'm not too sure either. What about the SIM card, should I remove it or leave it be? I read a little on it and couldn't find a Tour related thread, just for Storm.
    You can take out the SIM card. Just put it somewhere safe where you will remeber it. You never know when you might want to travel.
    11-01-09 08:26 PM
    You can take out the SIM card. Just put it somewhere safe where you will remeber it. You never know when you might want to travel.
    I wouldn't use Vodafone. I hear they are much more expensive compared to other carriers. I'd much rather unlock my phone and be able to choose.

Also, what exactly is a person's home area? Does that mean the whole nation if you have a nationwide plan or is that just a certain mile radius from your house?
    11-01-09 08:45 PM
    You can just flip it on the other side and put it back in the same place. Sure not to lose it and it will be there when you need it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 08:48 PM
    Just pulled out SIM card. Read MisterB thread about reception issues and a possible fix. Trying it out. Will post back with positive results. I HOPE.
    11-01-09 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD