Wow is all I say. I love my phone, and its technology, so yes theyre might be issues, how one addresses those issues is that persons problem. We are all paying a pretty penny for our devices, and monthly service.
    08-25-09 04:01 PM
    Best blackberry I've owned period.
    08-25-09 04:19 PM
    love love love mine!
    08-25-09 07:54 PM
    I realize that you said "more than likely" but I strongly disagree...I've had mine replaced twice, and am on number 3 now (which is finally perfect). Have been a BB user for quite some time now-once I made thw switch, ill never go back. If the Tour never existed, I'd still be rocking my how many year old 8830 till it died. The Palm Pre and iPhone were both tempting, but I doubt ill EVER buy another phone after becoming a BB user-hence the whole point of the "crackbery" community - when I pay hundreds of dollars for a device like this, I expect it to work properly-while I understand that basically ALL first gen products (laptops, phones, etc) will have issues-i still expect the device to perform as designed, and when it does not do this out of the box- I feel that I am entitled to an exchange for a device that DOES function as it should out of the box...just my opinion. I work hard for my money, and when I spend it on something at this price (granted its not thousasnds of dollars-like a car or jet or what have you) I still feel that iit should perform a certain way-as described/designed out of the box.

Even with the issues I've had with the first two tours, I've stated to many people that it was the BEST bb ...no, best PHONE I've ever used period. No question about that...however, because of the issues I did swap the phone out twice until I felt I had received a device that was functioning as designed out of the box. I wouldn't return a tour for a battery door being loose...but a headphone jack not working(first tour, among othet issues) and a faulty trackball(second) definately warrant an exchange IMO. I love this phone, I love RIM, and I am extremely satisfied with the tour despite its downfalls-it will get better with time, and I acknowledge this.

. More than likely a person who replaces their Tour 3-4 times is looking for love in all the wrong places lol.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 09:08 PM
    I'd have to politely disagree with this as well - think about this...if you look at the ratio of views on any of these threads, to the actual posts of people with the issue...nine times out of ten, the views are extremely disproportionate from the actual posts w/issues. In addition, those without issues are not as inclined to brag about receiving a perfect device-while those with issues race here to talk about them. This goes for anything...several sprint reps I've talked to claim to have not even heard about the tb issue-in fact, all of them-at various levels of support haven't heard about this issue...at least they claim not to. I've read several posts saying the same thing about vzw reps, or -insert carrier here- reps.

I mentioned this in another thread...I'd love to see a poll on the cb honepage with the following options:
    Is your tour) devective
    Yes
    No

And then see what the numbers look like...I admit I could be wrong, but I really believe the theory that those w/o issues strongly outweigh those with issues...btw-why has noone posted a photo of this green dot tour yet? Or has someone? I haven't seen one yet...

If any mods see this-can we put this poll on the homepage???

No either Blackberry released has had so many issues out of the gate which makes 9630 special...not in a positive way.
    It looks to be 90% of CB owners are having trackball issue ,I guess CBers are the unlucky getting that 2%.
    Rim providing fixed refurb green dot specials 45 days into launch says it all.

When it comes to "Tour Rules" hmm Ive heard that many times before trackball took a P00*P into OS loop.
    Good luck with your Tour
    08-25-09 09:15 PM
    Just had to have mine checked for the trackball issue, among other things. The trackball wasn't working well going left to right (shocker), there's a screen flicker (which is fine, that I can deal with), every time I try loading an app I end up with a 552 error, which uninstalling the app does NOT fix, so I've ended up reloading the Tour 6 times since Saturday.

Fortunately, a replacement is being shipped, which should be in on Thursday...hopefully it works better than this one. It almost has to, doesn't it?
    08-25-09 09:27 PM
    The Tour rocks! Even better than my Bold. Perfect phone 1st time around and it wasn't a green dotter either.

08-25-09 09:34 PM
    I'd have to politely disagree with this as well - think about this...if you look at the ratio of views on any of these threads, to the actual posts of people with the issue...nine times out of ten, the views are extremely disproportionate from the actual posts w/issues. In addition, those without issues are not as inclined to brag about receiving a perfect device-while those with issues race here to talk about them. This goes for anything...several sprint reps I've talked to claim to have not even heard about the tb issue-in fact, all of them-at various levels of support haven't heard about this issue...at least they claim not to. I've read several posts saying the same thing about vzw reps, or -insert carrier here- reps.

I mentioned this in another thread...I'd love to see a poll on the cb honepage with the following options:
    Is your tour) devective
    Yes
    No

And then see what the numbers look like...I admit I could be wrong, but I really believe the theory that those w/o issues strongly outweigh those with issues...btw-why has noone posted a photo of this green dot tour yet? Or has someone? I haven't seen one yet...

If any mods see this-can we put this poll on the homepage???

hehe I would like to see CB start up a 9630 trackball sub forum.
    Above and below this thread there's way to many owners crying my trackballs broke this is my 2 ,3 ,4 ,5 device.
    In the CB 9630 trackball sub forum there could be green dot special threads , voice muffle thread and my trackball broke.
    hmm time out ,9630 forum already fits that bill
    Rim providing fixed refurb green dot specials 45 days into launch says it all ,refurbish works while new units in sealed box are gamble.
    2 batch is hitting the shelve so things will get better..time will tell.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 08-25-09 at 10:12 PM.
    08-25-09 10:01 PM
    ... I honestly did not read through all of the posts to see what was or was not said...

BUT... the Tour (as with any new phone blackberry or not) has its fair share of issues (not nearly as many as the storm had though!!)

The main two issues at this point that Verizon and Blackberry are both well aware of is the "muffled sound" and the "non responsive trackball"

There are corporate wide communications going out on a daily basis on both companies ends regarding these issues... As of a few weeks ago it was communicated that not all of the devices were "affected" by these issues and those that were affected were to be swapped out...

There was another communication not too long ago that the issue was "just about fixed" and all of the stores would be receiving new shipments tours that DO NOT have these issues...

So my advice to all of the BB lovers... Hang in there... the Tour IS (in my opinion) one of the best BB devices that VZW sells...

I can deal with the screen ripple and the loose battery cover. The thing that bothers me is the trackball not scrolling left to right like it's supposed to and the muffled sound. Other than that, I can deal with the long boot times and such. So, I'm getting my 3rd one in a few days.
    08-25-09 10:22 PM
    You must not have owned a Storm, lmao!
    09-04-09 11:10 PM
    This is ridiculous. Quite honestly, RIM had a loyal, but HONEST, userbase under it. Apple can't say that. Their fans (or fanboys, if you will), love anything they produce, even if it IS crap.

Apple doesn't produce crap...and RIM has it's fanboys as well : )
    09-04-09 11:20 PM
    this is nothing like the storm.
    Thank goodness!
    09-05-09 03:44 AM
    Well as a former storm owner I don't think there are near as many complaints about the tour.

Personally I think the Tour trumps the storm in every single category, with the exception in screen size of course.

But this forum there will always be more complaints being posted than good things. When things are going good no body looks for answers that aren't being asked.

Just my 2 cents.

very true.. i had a storm and so far the tour is so much better other than some apps and the screen size
    09-09-09 05:02 PM
    I've had a little bit of the trackball issue but I like the Tour much more than the storm, im content with my Tour and loving its features!
    09-09-09 05:09 PM
    I disagree with u I had a storm and its was bad I had 4 storms and I love the tour only thing is that the trackball gets stuck *hear and their* but no worries tho....

09-09-09 05:58 PM
190 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD