So being stupid, last night I didn't fully clip my phone case around my belt... and long of a short, the whole case took a dive into the toilet.

I got it out of the water within a few seconds and ripped out the battery as quickly as I could.

I dried off all the components, and put it in a bowl of rice for ~14 hours. I also used a can of air to try to blow out as much of the water as possible after it happened.

I put the battery in after ~14hrs to see what would happen. The phone came back! Everything seemed to work perfectly, except I noticed a few flickers on the screen. Then, when the phone was locked and off, the screen would turn on with a white screen, but as soon as I touched the keys it would wake up normally and return to a regular screen.

About 3hrs after having the phone on... the screen sorta died. If I reboot the phone, I get the hour glass visible on the screen, but then after it seems to finish booting up (red light goes off) the screen goes completely blank!

Any thoughts on what could be going on? I figured I fried the LCD... but if it turns on during the boot up, I'm slightly puzzled.

Thanks!
    12-09-09 06:19 PM
    Do the keys work at all after booting up?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 07:05 PM
    When the screen was working the phone was functioning 100% normally as if nothing happened.

Now, it shows the white hourglass startup, red light on, then red light goes off, and screen goes black. I don't think the phone dies - I can still hit keys and get backlight
    12-09-09 07:13 PM
    It could be your battery went bad when it got wet. or you can put the phone inside a bowl of rice and it will pull all the moisture out of it. It works most of the time
    12-09-09 07:57 PM
    As I said I put it in rice... its back in rice now.

Think it could be the battery in this case? I don't think the phone turns off
    12-09-09 08:07 PM
    CB should have a separate forum for this issue. I can't remember how many threads I've seen about a BB taking a swim in the porcelain throne.

12-09-09 08:08 PM
    If you are brave enough, you should take the BB apart and air dry the guts.

You can buy the special tiny screwdrivers on eBay. Youtube has how-to video.
    12-09-09 08:13 PM
    By the time the tools come from eBay may be too late. Maybe you can try another battery, see if that makes a difference???
    12-09-09 10:59 PM
    It might be you just damaged the LCD and everything else works if your getting backlight when you press buttons. But that's just my thought.

12-09-09 11:32 PM
    Leave it to dry completely by checking or turning it on when still wet adds to the possibility of frying the hardware

12-09-09 11:36 PM
    when water gets inside the plastic in an LCD it completely destroys it. i own an electronic repair business and, with phones, the number one issue is the toilet or the pool. usually the people are smart and leave it off and call me and the hardware is good i replace the screen and they are set.

so i recommend leaving it off, water doesnt hurt electronics. electricity + water hurts them. let it dry out in rice and since the lcd is about gone, a blow drier on low and about 2 feet away. replace the lcd and after you have left it alone for a day start it back up.

good luck!
    12-10-09 12:11 AM
    Buy dessicant crystals from your local hobby shop they are used to dry flowers out.

rinse you're phone thoroughly with DISTILLED water to get rid of any mineral build up that can occur on the circuit board and then put the phone in a box with the dessicant crystals for about 24 - 48 hours and your phone should be fine if there hasn't already been too much damage
    12-10-09 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD