My. Tour Lcd is broken..the part number behind is 16659-004/111. I tried 8900 lcd with part number 16659-002/111 and was totally blank. Dimension is exactly the same. Does anybody have the info where I might get this 004 lcd? Thks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 06:49 PM
    If you purchased from a carrier then my guess is that you should still be within your 30 days so call up and add the insurance then make a quick claim.
    08-10-09 07:18 PM
    I thought the 8900 LCD wouldn't work? Because although dimensions and resolution are the same, they are different screens. The Tour has a small black bezel around it's screen while the curve 8900 goes to the edge/.

Be prepared though, these will not come cheap. Bold screens go from anywhere between 50-130 bucks... And the Tour is brand new so you might best be checking out ebay, trusupplier, cnn.cn or a bunch of other sites.
    08-10-09 08:11 PM
    I would normally say goto Cellular Nationwide Network - 3G, Sony, Panasonic, LG, SonyEricsson, Nokia, Tools, BlackBerry, but they do not have the LCD listed yet. Given the newness of phone spare parts may be a month or more.
    08-10-09 09:06 PM
    I too have the same problem. I broke the LCD on my Tour (hard to believe for how small the drop was) and need to replace it.

No one has a replacement screen specific for the Tour yet apparently. RIM won't offer repairs since it wasn't purchased from them and Verizon refuses to repair it...even for a fee. Usually I'm careful with my equipment so I didn't get the insurance, so the shmucks said the only option I have is to pay full retail $400+ for a new one.

However, as the OP stated, I thought the 8900 screen would work. CNET mentioned that the screens are the same, but I guess not now after reading the replies?

Does anyone know if this can be done? I'd hate to have to wait a month for replacement LCDs to come out, but I refuse to pay Verizon over $400 for another one!
    08-12-09 12:58 PM
    That's why there's insurance on phones
    08-12-09 01:10 PM
    That's why there's insurance on phones
    +1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-12-09 01:11 PM
    Yep. Pay the insurance deductable, get a new phone, and move on.
    08-12-09 01:13 PM
    Ya, I'd pay it if I had it. I don't. Wasn't told that not getting insurance meant they wouldn't even repair a phone for a fee.
    08-12-09 01:48 PM
    Ya, I'd pay it if I had it. I don't. Wasn't told that not getting insurance meant they wouldn't even repair a phone for a fee.
    I'd assume they would still repair it, but it would cost you a heck of a lot more without insurance. I've never been in your situation so I don't exactly know. I'm sure cnn.cn will have LCD's up soon, but "soon" isn't something you want to hear with a jacked up LCD, I know

It's kinda like not having insurance on your house and you get hit by a tornado. Sure, you can get your house repaired, but it's going to cost you a crap load more money than if you had insurance.

If that makes sense...
    08-12-09 01:52 PM
    Well, hindsight is always 20/20 I suppose...especially when you're told the facts afterwards. However, if I am to believe the highly trained personnel at my local Verizon store, they will not repair phones. If you have insurance, they'll replace them, but repair is not their business. If they'd have told me this when I bought it, I would definitely have gotten the insurance!

Oh well...live and learn I suppose!
    08-12-09 02:02 PM
    If you purchased from a carrier then my guess is that you should still be within your 30 days so call up and add the insurance then make a quick claim.
    Is this a Calculus problem?
    08-12-09 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD