Good day,

Has anyone figured out how to tether the Tour to an iTouch to receive internet? It sounds strange, I know, and from what I can tell on here no one has been able to do this.

Just wondering!
    09-11-09 03:37 AM
    Good day,

Has anyone figured out how to tether the Tour to an iTouch to receive internet? It sounds strange, I know, and from what I can tell on here no one has been able to do this.

Just wondering!
    Can't do it...iPod Touch relies on wifi to get internet access....Tour cannot produce a wifi signal. When we use our Tours to tether to our laptops, it's working as a modem via bluetooth or the usb cable. Sorry to disappoint.
    09-11-09 08:11 AM
    Can't do it...iPod Touch relies on wifi to get internet access....Tour cannot produce a wifi signal. When we use our Tours to tether to our laptops, it's working as a modem via bluetooth or the usb cable. Sorry to disappoint.
    Yeah, what he said! But on a serious note that is one limitation on the tour. Maybe when the essex comes out you can look into that again.
    09-11-09 08:23 AM
    I think the OP is asking if you could somehow attach the tour to the touch to use the touch's wifi connection so that you weren't using data.

Long story short, NO. You can't. But not for the reasons above. They just simply can't connect to each other.
    09-11-09 10:49 AM
    What about through Blue tooth?
    09-11-09 10:58 AM
    This is one thing I wish a BlackBerry could do that WinMo phones could do. On WM, there's an app called WMWifiRouter that could let you use your WM phone as a wifi router and share an internet connection not only over Wifi, but also through USB and Bluetooth.
    09-11-09 11:05 AM
    I have heard you can do the blue tooth tether if your itouch is jail broken. I can not confirm this.
    09-11-09 11:07 AM
    ^ Yeah, I thought I remember reading that somewhere too
    09-11-09 11:10 AM
    You heard it where where where where...

This possibility of getting internet from your BB to an iTouch, which now has bluetooth, is the most interesting question at the moment and trying to find the info online as to how it is done proves very, very frustrating...
    09-13-09 05:50 PM
    Never heard of an iTouch.

And iPod touch, but not an iTouch

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 06:14 PM
    Never heard of an iTouch.

And iPod touch, but not an iTouch

THANK YOU

everyone lets say it toghther... iPod touch.. not itouch...
    09-14-09 02:20 AM
    Ok, not a problem I understand the need for accuracy.

and everyone, let us all spell together the same way...together and not toghther
    09-14-09 03:36 AM
    A2DP Bluetooth spec is for audio-pairing only. There was a ridiculously long thread dedicated to the ipod touch bluetooth tethering @ iPodtouchfans.com, however it ended in a pool of useless blathering and discontent. Don't get your hopes up, considering the bluetooth has been installed in the 2gen ipod touch for 2 years, and they're just now getting around to unlocking it...
    09-14-09 06:32 AM
    Ok, not a problem I understand the need for accuracy.

and everyone, let us all spell together the same way...together and not toghther
    hah!
    09-14-09 08:25 AM
    You heard it where where where where...

This possibility of getting internet from your BB to an iTouch, which now has bluetooth, is the most interesting question at the moment and trying to find the info online as to how it is done proves very, very frustrating...
    Not sure. It was about a week ago and I goolged it and it took me to some ipod site and some "hacker" said it could be done on a jailbroken if a developer create a program for the ipod. The thread was not that long and from mid march if I recall. I tried looking deeper but to no avail.

On a side note I am a huge BB fan boy. But in the AM when I am the toilet I grab my touch instead of the BB for surfing the web.
    09-14-09 10:34 AM
    It can be done if the right software was written for the iPod Touch. I'd love to see this, personally.

If a dev could conjure something up, it could very well be a million dollar idea!

09-14-09 12:18 PM
    TMI!!!!

...but it is just a matter of time.... I would NEVER buy an iPhone because of ATT, but....until someone figures out how to share the BB internet connection via Bluetooth, I may just get the Sprint MiFi hotspot and a basic Sprint phone plan. Still cheaper than ATT. My corporate provided BB will be waiting in the wings to provide the connection when Apple lets go of the controls. ITouch sales would go through the ROOF.
    09-20-09 02:10 PM
    YES!
    you can tether ur phone to a travel router and run your itouch wifi thru the router. cradlepoint is a good one.
    09-28-09 03:36 PM
    THANK YOU

everyone lets say it toghther... iPod touch.. not itouch...
    NOOBSsssssssssss
    09-28-09 03:38 PM
    Any updates with this?
    10-20-09 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD