Hello. Yesterday I purchased the BlackBerry Tour (my first BB) and I have a very weird problem. After I browse BlackBerry App World, my entire phone seems to have a 3-5 second delay after every action. IE: After searching for apps, using the scroll wheel, browsing the web(moving my mouse pointer), or hitting the return key to exit any program/folder (ie. media) takes about 3-5 seconds before it actually executes my movement/action.

I spoke to a Verizon Wireless PDA/Smartphone tech support agent for over 2 and a half hours troubleshooting this issue. He said he has not heard about any issues with the Tour or issues with any other blackberry similar to this one. The only thing he could think of was if the Verizon store installed cellubright(SP?) to transfer my old contacts/pictures/etc (non PDA) to my new blackberry. I examined all my applications (via BB desktop manager) and it was not there. He mentioned this because one of his co-workers came across the similar problem because of the app cellubright(sp?). So, his conclusion was to uninstall BB App World permanently. When I get the chance, I'm going to get my phone replaced with another Tour.

So, my question is, has anyone heard any issues similar to the one detailed above? Either with the Tour or any BlackBerry in general?

I'm not sure if it's Tour-specific or not.

Any help and/or suggestions are very much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Shaun
    07-20-09 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD