Hello,
    I had a buddy of mine get my Sprint BB Tour 9630 unlocked from his account. What a great friend!

Here's the problem, when we first were walking through the setup they had him type something that gave him access to put his phone number in the phone like MSID or something. Does anyone know how to get to that so I can delete that and put my number in? It's annoying because when I call my screen shows the "My Number" but it isnt my number. It's his. There was a ## something to get to that I believe.

Any help is appreciated!
    08-05-09 09:37 AM
    When you get it activated on whatever provide you are using it with, the number will show up after the device is programmed correctly.
    08-05-09 09:45 AM
    Well, its a Sprint phone, and I am a TMobile account customer. I can use my TMobile Sim card in there, however when I make calls the phone says "My Phone Number (Not Mine)" but it still uses my phone number when calling other people on their caller ID. So its something in the phone thats programmed to my buddies phone number. How do I get in the phone and reprogram it to my TMobile number after I unlocked it? Thats what Im asking.

They had him type something to get to a screen where he put his cell number in the phone so he could activate it. How do I get to that screen again? Do I have to take it to TMobile to get it fixed? Or are they going to go.. whats this doing here? Its a Sprint phone....
    08-05-09 09:57 AM
    Call up Tmo - couldn't hurt. They will walk you through it. Worst case they say now and you have to live without seeing your own number on the call screen
    08-05-09 10:05 AM
    Ok. I'll give it a go. You know how annoying that would be to not see my number on the screen? I can just turn that off.
    08-05-09 10:11 AM
    From the phone screen, ##000000 gets you into the programming menu. Use with caution.
    08-05-09 11:39 AM
    I get an invalid password. This is a Sprint Tour 9630 I have unlocked already.
    08-05-09 03:43 PM
    Hello,
    I had a buddy of mine get my Sprint BB Tour 9630 unlocked from his account. What a great friend!

Here's the problem, when we first were walking through the setup they had him type something that gave him access to put his phone number in the phone like MSID or something. Does anyone know how to get to that so I can delete that and put my number in? It's annoying because when I call my screen shows the "My Number" but it isnt my number. It's his. There was a ## something to get to that I believe.

Any help is appreciated!
    Awesome, your ESN was put on his account. MSID's are device specific. They gave him the MSID that is specific to HIS PHONE. You probably should have done some research on phone unlocking before you went ahead and did this!
    08-05-09 03:45 PM
    So, how do i clear that?
    08-05-09 03:48 PM
    You need to call your Carrier and explain what happened.

To be very honest, this all sounds very fishy. There's no way your device should have accepted that code, because it was specific to HIS phone and not yours.
    08-05-09 05:25 PM
    So apparently what I need is the MSL code. I HATE SPRINT. Know wonder I switched to TMo.
    Is there a way to get the MSL without having to call Sprint?
    With that MSL I can clear ESN and stuff or does Sprint have to release that phone?
    08-06-09 10:11 AM
    So apparently what I need is the MSL code. I HATE SPRINT. Know wonder I switched to TMo.
    Is there a way to get the MSL without having to call Sprint?
    With that MSL I can clear ESN and stuff or does Sprint have to release that phone?
    Why do you hate Sprint? It's one of their phone and they set a Master Subsidy Lock. As it is, it's way to easy to get that code from them... but it has to come from them.
    08-06-09 10:26 AM
    So I have the MSL Code now. What do I do with it?
    08-08-09 01:57 AM
    bump this!
    08-11-09 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD