I have an icon on my screen and for the life of me I can't seem to figure out what it is. It is black circle wth an arrow pointing downwards to the left. At the top end of the arrow is a star encircled in red. There is a 1 next to the icon. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    08-08-09 01:11 PM
    It means that one of your programs that you have downloaded with the App World has an update.
    08-08-09 01:49 PM
    My question is, how do you make that icon go away? It showed up on my phone today so I went to App World, downloaded the update, rebooted the phone, but the icon is still there. App World isn't showing any more updates and yet the icon sits there, staring at me.

Edit: Nevermind, lol. I went on and rebooted it a second time, and this time the icon disappeared.
    Last edited by eternal76; 08-08-09 at 04:05 PM.
    08-08-09 03:53 PM
    Pull the battery and it goes away. Mine came after downloading .15 of app world.
    08-08-09 04:07 PM
    Help! I'm getting this same icon and I've battery pulled and rebooted. This icon is still showing. I've updated a new version of ScoreMobile app.

Any other ideas??
    09-15-09 06:59 PM
    Go to your "messages" icon...this is the one that keeps a running list of ALL messages.

most likely you received a message about the update and you didn't realize it and it just got pushed further and further down the list...anyway, I digress.

What you need to do is find that unopened message and either A) open it or B) delete it and the icon will go away...guaranteed fix.
    09-15-09 07:05 PM
    I had this same question so I came here.

After reading this, I found that I did have an update for an app. I updated. Icon was still there.

I rebooted. Icon still there.

I rebooted again. Still there.

I've checked every message folder. No unread messages.

Any other suggestions? Reboot again?

Thanks for any other suggestions. I've had my tour for about 2 weeks, and love it, but I'm becoming obsessed with this icon (which really doesn't bother anything) and I thought this thread was my answer.

Thanks in advance for any additional help.
    09-15-09 08:16 PM
    I am a total noob to the blackberry world and i have an icon that i cant get to go away it looks like like o_o but connected i thought it was for a voice mail or something but i cant find it and i have done a few battery pulls and its still there
    09-15-09 08:19 PM
    I have an icon on my screen and for the life of me I can't seem to figure out what it is. It is black circle wth an arrow pointing downwards to the left. At the top end of the arrow is a star encircled in red. There is a 1 next to the icon. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    1 incoming asteroid. HTH.
    09-15-09 08:58 PM
    Go to your "messages" icon...this is the one that keeps a running list of ALL messages.

most likely you received a message about the update and you didn't realize it and it just got pushed further and further down the list...anyway, I digress.

What you need to do is find that unopened message and either A) open it or B) delete it and the icon will go away...guaranteed fix.
    You sir, are a genius lol. The update was in fact in my messages folder. Thx!!
    09-15-09 09:38 PM
    Glad I could help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 11:19 AM
    I have a question...I have the Blackberry tour and on the top right hand side I have an oval blue icon with a white squiggle in it! What in the world is this for? Hope someone can answer this for me. Thanks! Sue
    07-13-10 05:37 PM
    Does it look like any of these icons?

07-13-10 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD