I had the same problems on two separate Tours. The third replacement does not exhibit any of the hardware problems of the previous 3 Tours. It is a Green Dot Tour in fact.
    11-04-09 02:34 AM
    I think if you have problems with the phone as a result of the jack, then i would say return it. Like tlgemxx says the screen/keyboard would go blank, thats clearly not right. But if its just a matter of your favorite headphones not working, I dont think that warrents a return. Just get a different pair. I just hope that the AUX cable i have in my car works..
    Aux cable in my car works PERFECTLY, even though my headphones do not. I guess I'll take that since I use the aux cable much more than I use headphones anyway.
    11-04-09 04:49 AM
    It doesn't look like I'm having the same problem as the rest of you but I'm having trouble even inserting my head phones into the jack on the tour. The other day I tried to hook up my phone to my home stereo using a 3.5mm plug and I couldn't get it to fit. after forcing a a few times still it wouldn't go. So today I tried to insert my BB ear buds and after a battle i finally got them to insert. Has any body had this problem?

Visually the jack looks fine and there is nothing stuck in there. I guess I'll be heading to the sprint store at lunch.
    11-06-09 09:40 AM
    It doesn't look like I'm having the same problem as the rest of you but I'm having trouble even inserting my head phones into the jack on the tour. The other day I tried to hook up my phone to my home stereo using a 3.5mm plug and I couldn't get it to fit. after forcing a a few times still it wouldn't go. So today I tried to insert my BB ear buds and after a battle i finally got them to insert. Has any body had this problem?

Visually the jack looks fine and there is nothing stuck in there. I guess I'll be heading to the sprint store at lunch.
    That problem has been mentioned in a thread about the jack size. Some folks have inserted a small screw driver and tried prying - your idea of placing the issue at Sprint's door is probably best.
    11-06-09 10:00 AM

Alright, just got back from the Sprint store and they were a bit baffled, go figure huh. I brought in a 3.5 mm to 3.5mm cable to show them my problem. The associate I talked to tried it on his Tour and it went in as smooth as butter. Then they grab the last one they have in stock, unopened mind you, and it wont go in. So they ordered a few more and we'll see if those work.

All I want to do is listen to tunes, man.
    11-06-09 04:54 PM
    ive used regular headphones. Sony studio monitors and cheapo earbuds. both worked fine.
    11-06-09 05:58 PM
    don't tell them about the water damage. if the indicator on the back shows water damage, then you're stuck. It voids your warranty and no matter what happens to your phone, the rep will always just say "water damage!" and shrug/convince you to get new phone.
    Ya the red ink is most certainly the kiss of death. I once bought a new battery off line for my phone, just so Verizon would not void my warranty. It worked they said it was a software problem. Hahah one for the little guy. The insurance is best for me though, I am a cell phone killer. I usually go through at least three in a two year contract.
    11-10-09 08:20 AM
    've had to return 2 phones already due to headphone jack issues. Most days it'll work flawlessly and a other days, it doesn't work at all (will connect for a split second and speakers will turn on) It even does it on my blackberry headphones. I thought it was just bad luck for me, until it happened to my husband too. That's 3 phones!! It must be a known issue. My first replacement was another new phone (which probably still had issues), my next one I'm hoping is a refurbished which I'm crossing my fingers that the issue has been fixed. I paid way too much for this phone to have headphone jack issues.
    11-19-09 08:45 AM
    I'm having trouble even inserting my head phones into the jack on the tour. The other day I tried to hook up my phone to my home stereo using a 3.5mm plug and I couldn't get it to fit. after forcing a a few times still it wouldn't go. So today I tried to insert my BB ear buds and after a battle i finally got them to insert. Has any body had this problem?
    I just hit this one last night and thought I was going crazy. My car's aux 3.5mm cable wouldn't go in the jack. Mind you, I had just used it about 3 or 4 days prior and it fit fine! I then tried my Sony studio cans and they fit just fine. BB headphones don't seem to fit properly either. Strange. I guess I'll be stopping by the VZ store yet again. Ugh.
    11-19-09 09:14 AM
    i used my Sennheiser HD201's and they didnt work , same with iPhone headphones...the headphone jack broke them so the iPhone headphones don't work at all now...
    01-07-11 09:37 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD