Hi!

Does anybody have any experience regarding the use of H3G (also known as Three or simply 3) sim cards in the 9630 Tour in UK, Ireland, Denmark, Italy, Sweden, Austria, Hong Kong or Australia?

These are special sim cards, as they only support umts phones, and I hope there isn't any incompatibility with the Tour (I'm planning to buy one)

Thanks!
    05-20-10 12:23 PM
    According to this article it looks compatible:

RIM BlackBerry Tour 9630 (Verizon Wireless) Smartphone reviews - CNET Reviews

In addition to voice coverage, the BlackBerry Tour supports the 2100MHz UMTS/HSDPA band, so you can get 3G support overseas, while working on Verizon's EV-DO Rev. A network domestically. In all, you'll get voice coverage in 220 countries and data coverage (e-mail and Internet) in 175 countries. Be sure to check the international roaming rates for voice calls and text messages before you head off on your trip: Verizon's rates can get pretty pricey in some areas, ranging from 69 cents up to $4.99 per minute. You can find the carrier's international plans here.
    05-20-10 12:40 PM
    Thanks!

I knew the phone can operate in the umts band, the question was if it is compatible with the european 3g sim cards. The Bold accepts them, as it does the 8707, also the 8900 does (although it then cannot connect to any network). I have never got the Tour in my hands, and since I could only buy it via webshop, I would love to hear some positive experience first

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-10 05:54 PM
    If it's SIM unlocked sure.
    05-20-10 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD