I just got the tour as a replacement to a defective Storm....and I don't think I am really digging it. It almost seems like its nothing more than a Curve with HTML browsing. I never really had any Storm issues, other than click issues....now i have only had it for an day now....but its almost impossible to get over the difference in screen size....should i give it another couple days?
    07-18-09 11:08 AM
    if it's impossible to get over the screen size, then why stay? I can't believe someone would prefer the Storm. To answer your question directly, it's not a glorified Curve at all. It is similar to the 8900, but that's about all.
    07-18-09 11:19 AM
    Give the Tour more time...
    07-18-09 11:25 AM
    yea anything that came loaded in the past 5 months with 4.7 is going to look similar because it is the new generation of BB. i think u could find a lot of constants between the 83XX and 88xx but they clearly were not the same.

every market does this. look at cars, a lot of jeeps look identical from afar but they are clearly all different cars
    07-18-09 11:29 AM
    If by glorified you mean a world phone with a better camera, GPS unlocked, over double the app memory and a bigger screen then yes it is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 11:32 AM
    god I hated my storm...the Tour is what a blackberry should be! No way could I ever go back to that storm!
    07-18-09 11:32 AM
    If by glorified you mean a world phone with a better camera, GPS unlocked, over double the app memory and a bigger screen then yes it is.
    Great answer...
    07-18-09 11:33 AM
    Nope,its just the best bb since bb's!

07-18-09 11:36 AM
    If your missing your Storm. Ill give you My Storm for your Tour Mine is practially brand new
    07-18-09 11:38 AM
    Most people don't realize RIM does not care about making revolutionary upgrades to their devices (leave that to Apple, Palm to butcher). They make evolutionary upgrades that are reliable and consistent.

The Tour is the latest generation...and I can't imagine how anyone can use a Curve, it looks like something out of the 1990s.

And if you can't get over the screen size, stick to your Storm. That's the only option you have apparantly.
    Last edited by redwanhuq; 07-18-09 at 11:52 AM.
    07-18-09 11:49 AM

i had a curve with the gps unlocked....world phone doesn't really mean anything...its cool...but mine does lag still...not as much as the storm...but it definitely lags
    07-18-09 11:58 AM
    you asked to switch from your defective storm and they gave you a tour and then you get the tour and now you want to go back to the storm...seems like your asking too much. I will be surprised if they give you back your storm
    07-18-09 11:59 AM
    I disagree. If you're already complaining, return it before you can't. Otherwise you're only going to find more things about it to complain about, most of which will be minor and not affect the performance of the device at all, but all the same, it will be turned into a huge design flaw that cannot be lived with.

Return it.
    I absolutely agree.
    07-18-09 12:00 PM
    i had a curve with the gps unlocked....world phone doesn't really mean anything...its cool...but mine does lag still...not as much as the storm...but it definitely lags
    ??? world phone means sim card and doesnt have anything to do with gps unlocked
    07-18-09 12:01 PM
    you asked to switch from your defective storm to get a tour and then you get the tour and now your thinking bout switching ack...seems like your asking too much. I will be surprised if they give you back your storm
    well u r wrong their...i never asked to switch to the tour....they offered it to me because of a screen click problem and said it was verizons only comparable bb. I get 30 days, so yes if I wasn't to switch...its no issue...they already told me that....i never said the phone sucked.....just wondering why some people state this is the greatest bb ever....
    07-18-09 12:05 PM

Also, how is this diff from the 8900 then?same camera, same screen,same gps, no cdma, but the curve has wi fi....just wondering the diff's
    07-18-09 12:07 PM
    Because they've never owned another BlackBerry, or the 9000.

And no, your question was NOT "why do people state this is the greatest bb ever" your question was "The Tour a glorified Curve?"
    Yes...that was the question....no one seemed to want to answer that question though....they seemed to state the later.
    07-18-09 12:09 PM
    They answered it that way because if you had read through this forum you would have had the answer to your own question.
    Sorry....didn't have time to thread through 1000 posts....and from what i searched...didn't see a comparable thread.....be nice for a non biased answer....guess i can go to the storm or curve forums to get the other sides!
    07-18-09 12:13 PM
    I think you are simply having a problem with the phone because it's not a touchscreen and nothing else. Saying it's a glorified Curve is absurd as a turd. You don't like it because it's not a giant screen that clicks. end.of.story. Not that there's anything wrong with that...
    07-18-09 12:21 PM
    I think you are simply having a problem with the phone because it's not a touchscreen and nothing else. Saying it's a glorified Curve is absurd as a turd. You don't like it because it's not a giant screen that clicks. end.of.story. Not that there's anything wrong with that...
    then what seperates it from the 8900.....thats what i'm asking...same on board me....same screen....same keyboard...same trackball.....one has wi fi...one has cdma....what are the other big diffs than?
    07-18-09 12:29 PM
    I always looked at it as the 8900 and 9000 had a baby
    07-18-09 12:30 PM
    The tour is a updated (new) curve....hands down
    My 2000 civic had less options than my 2003
    Civic because of technology advances, and it
    Looked a little different but it still handled the same
    And still a civic. Tour is a new curve with a new
    Name.

07-18-09 12:35 PM

LOL I like this answer.
    07-18-09 12:39 PM
    then what seperates it from the 8900.....thats what i'm asking...same on board me....same screen....same keyboard...same trackball.....one has wi fi...one has cdma....what are the other big diffs than?
    O know you di'ent... it is not the same keyboard, the keyboard comes from the Bold. And same trackball? really? Saying two BB's are the same because they both have a trackball is...well...********.

The Tour not having wifi and the 8900 having it seems to be a pretty big difference as well... I think you just miss your Storm and are maybe a little sad about it, which is normal. Life will go on...
    07-18-09 12:39 PM
    O know you di'ent... it is not the same keyboard, the keyboard comes from the Bold. And same trackball? really? Saying two BB's are the same because they both have a trackball is...well...********.

The Tour not having wifi and the 8900 having it seems to be a pretty big difference as well... I think you just miss your Storm and are maybe a little sad about it, which is normal. Life will go on...
    well instead of saying something is ********...enligten me with your knowledge and maney some facts....WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES between the ATT 8900 and the Verizon tour...the trackball is the same...the screen is the same, the on board mem is the same....have you used one yet...i see you are a "future owner" what performance separates this from the curve....i own a storm and a tour and a curve.....i'm debating whether to keep the tour....what makes this superior over the curve then.
    07-18-09 12:44 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD