07-06-09 01:54 PM
    nice find.
    i suppose this will help me deal with (or worsen?) my tour addiction.
    07-06-09 02:46 PM
    When using any data feature of the BlackBerry device, with or without a USB cable, hold the BlackBerry device at least 0.98 inches (25 mm) from your body. If you use a body-worn accessory not supplied by RIM when you carry the BlackBerry device, verify that the accessory does not contain metal and keep the BlackBerry device at least 0.98 inches (25 mm) from your body when the BlackBerry device is turned on and connected to a wireless network.

Something we all knew.

sR
    07-08-09 03:40 AM
    When using any data feature of the BlackBerry device, with or without a USB cable, hold the BlackBerry device at least 0.98 inches (25 mm) from your body. If you use a body-worn accessory not supplied by RIM when you carry the BlackBerry device, verify that the accessory does not contain metal and keep the BlackBerry device at least 0.98 inches (25 mm) from your body when the BlackBerry device is turned on and connected to a wireless network.

Something we all knew.

sR

ohh so I guess its a bad thing that emails come in when the device is in my pocket?
    07-08-09 03:46 AM
    ohh so I guess its a bad thing that emails come in when the device is in my pocket?
    Depends what pocket its in.
    07-08-09 03:50 AM
    Depends what pocket its in.

my jeans pocket..
    07-08-09 03:56 AM
    To be frank, I was (and continue to be) concerned that the product and safety info booklet was not included in my boxed 8830, nor was it incorporated into the boxed Sprint User Guide. If it was buried on the CD, this is still not acceptable.

I only learned about the body separation requirement a few months ago, by accident, while I was searching for the actual Flash/RAM specs of my device, usually to be found in the Safety & Product Info doc - and was wondering how I could have missed this when I first unboxed my unit and read through all of the printed materials.

I used to carry two BBs on my belt for a number of years, near my two front pockets, but not any more.

Now I carry one BB with an approved holster clipped to my belt or change pocket when wearing jeans.

Lab Rat 4 SAR: Cell Phone Edition

sR
    Last edited by ScienceRules; 07-08-09 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Link to radiation rant
    07-08-09 04:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD