I just got our 2nd tour and I cant figure out what I am doing wrong. I can send and receive email, however, when i go to reply to an email I cant. Has anyone had this issue and give me some guidance, we just set this phone up yesterday and i was so happy there went any problems with this. PLEASE help!
    09-09-09 11:39 AM
    I just got our 2nd tour and I cant figure out what I am doing wrong. I can send and receive email, however, when i go to reply to an email I cant. Has anyone had this issue and give me some guidance, we just set this phone up yesterday and i was so happy there went any problems with this. PLEASE help!
    what exactly happens when you go to reply to an e-mail?
    09-09-09 11:41 AM
    I have successfully set up one email account, but the other one is floundering. Try removing the email acct completely and then putting it back in? This worked for my first account
    09-09-09 12:19 PM
    what exactly happens when you go to reply to an e-mail?

I can compose the email but then when I go to the track ball to be able to send send isnt an option. I knew the 8830 backwords and forwards and am still working through glitches with this.
    09-09-09 12:25 PM
    Re-send service books, then pull your battery for 30 seconds. If that doesn't work, delete the email address and re-add it, then send service books again.
    09-09-09 12:27 PM
    Usually when this happens it means you restored your New Blackberry via Desktop manager so it loaded your email address into the blackberry which is why you're receiving. The inability to reply just means that youre service books are either corrupted or not there. In order to fix this you need to have your service books reinstalled. Go to options > advanced options > service books and delete any service book that has your email address in it. Then go into the email settings icon hit your menu key go to service books and resend them to yourself. If you dont have this option than call Tech Support and have them send the service books to you.
    09-09-09 12:27 PM
    How do I resend the service books, I have deleted everythign except the provisioning books
    09-09-09 12:37 PM
    Usually when this happens it means you restored your New Blackberry via Desktop manager so it loaded your email address into the blackberry which is why you're receiving. The inability to reply just means that youre service books are either corrupted or not there. In order to fix this you need to have your service books reinstalled. Go to options > advanced options > service books and delete any service book that has your email address in it. Then go into the email settings icon hit your menu key go to service books and resend them to yourself. If you dont have this option than call Tech Support and have them send the service books to you.
    Or, you can log onto the BIS website on your computer and resend them yourself. Just choose your device (for Tour owners, select "Other Blackberry Smartphone Models"), then select your carrier and log in....there should be a "Settings" area. Click on "Service Books", then "Send Service Books".

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Smartphone and Email Account Setup
    09-09-09 12:50 PM
    Thanks to all, I have gotten it to work.
    09-09-09 12:53 PM
    I just purchased my first blackberry...and I am still in the learing process. My question is why I get e-mails to my blackberry that do not go to my on my destop computer. Have I set something wrong?
    09-09-09 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD