Im on my 1st.Tour since last thursday,Looks like my first issue is the convenience button having to be depressed really hard for 3-4 seconds for it to respond,when the button is breifly pressed with basic normal pressure ill here the basic beep but NO RESPONSE,To get a response from the convenience button Ive gotta depress it HARD for the above mentioned time for it to activate the desired app.I was hoping to get some feedback from you guys to see if I should be getting a quicker response without having to depress it down hard and for that long?
    07-27-09 09:21 AM
    Are you talking about the Left key or the Right key?

Because the Right key is specifically designed to be used with the camera. It is a two stage key, you can press it down a little bit and it, by default, will activate auto focus on the camera, and if you press it down all the way it takes a picture.

So if you're trying to use the Right convenience key, I believe you'll have to press it down all the way in order to activate the shortcut.
    07-27-09 09:23 AM
    Assuming you already did a battery pull.. Might be a good idea to just call Verizon and get a replacement.
    07-27-09 09:23 AM
    Sounds like maybe a problem with the phone. You might have to return it. Is it the left or right button?
    07-27-09 09:24 AM
    Assuming you already did a battery pull.. Might be a good idea to just call Verizon and get a replacement.
    yeah,did a battery pull,2 of them actually,and the convenience button is the RIGHT one.Was really hoping i didnt have to swap this one out and risk getting another unit with other possible probs.
    07-27-09 09:31 AM
    I have the same issue, but am just going to deal with it.
    07-27-09 09:43 AM
    Right convenience key is the camera, as previously stated. Two stage button, you're going to have to hold it down. Left convenience key is just a button that's defaulted to VAD.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 09:45 AM
    Right convenience key is the camera, as previously stated. Two stage button, you're going to have to hold it down. Left convenience key is just a button that's defaulted to VAD.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ok so it looks like this might NOT be an issue then if your saying that its a 2stage.?
    07-27-09 09:53 AM
    Ok so it looks like this might NOT be an issue then if your saying that its a 2stage.?
    Right, it's a two stage button that lets the camera autofocus before you take the picture.
    07-27-09 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD