Not sure what you want from a phone camera, but I will say this...the LG pict is over exposed. When you have blown highlights you cannot recover that detail. I don't rely on my camera for pictures, but with my DSLR I definately try to avoid blown highlights. That being said, the Tour is a bit underexposed which is why you are seeing more noise. Unlike a DSLR or other type of camera, I don't believe you can meter from another location. It is obviously seeing the white all around and will meter it to middle gray like all meters due. With a camera you can adjust your exposure to compensate for this.
    10-12-09 11:17 PM
    some great points have been made about the differences between P&S and camera's on phones.

also keep in mind if you use Image Stabilization you can create noise, as well as if you zoom in.. which is true even of Point and Shoots when you reach the higher end of some of their zoom levels.

heres a couple i just snapped:
    no IS, WB set to night:

with IS WB set to night:
    10-13-09 02:06 AM
    Head side in Fixture picture by NiCad_RC - Photobucket
    This was a quick shot of some parts I was machining the other day.

I like how well the Tour camera works. Granted no DSLR, but for a phone it does really well.
    10-13-09 07:55 AM
    I love the tour camera. Its not an SLR but it gets the job done...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 09:16 AM
    I just wish i could adjust the exposure manually. Like "more" or "Less" like with the LG phones
    I was hoping the 3.2 would bring in more features.. at least it focuses now.
    10-13-09 09:47 AM
    i think the pic looks fine!
    10-13-09 11:05 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD