Maybe I just didn't realize this, but the tour only zooms in to 2x. I was at a concert last night and I literally had the worst pics ever from it. The camera is awesome otherwise, but it was mildly depressing to have my friend using my old Curve and her pics looked better.

Just wondering if I had a setting wrong, or if anyone knows of any apps that make the pictures somewhat better? I mean, I had close seats and my pics looked a mess.
    09-02-09 03:08 PM
    I had a very similar experience. I've played with a lot of the settings and have found that concert pix just don't turn out very well, same with video.
    09-02-09 03:12 PM
    Thanks for the response. It was just kind of a bummer cause my normal pics are awesome all around, but these ones were just terrible. Too bad the venue didnt allow regular cameras.
    09-02-09 03:26 PM
    i believe (at least on other bb's ive had) if you make the size of the pic smaller (in the options for the camera) it will zoom in a little more....
    09-02-09 03:30 PM
    Hmm...I will give that a try and just mess with my settings some more. Thanks for the input! I appreciate it
    09-02-09 03:38 PM
    I lowered the resolution on mine to the lowest setting and the zoom is still max 2X.
    09-02-09 03:59 PM
    Well this is the case for most camera phones isn't it?
    09-02-09 04:01 PM
    Cameras on phones don't necessarily zoom...all they do is expand the pixels that it can detect and therefore you get zoom...Its like blowing up a picture.
    09-02-09 04:09 PM
    Cameras on phones don't necessarily zoom...all they do is expand the pixels that it can detect and therefore you get zoom...Its like blowing up a picture.
    Yup, this is right - it's called digital zoom and the Tour's is only 2X.
    09-02-09 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD