I just "upgraded" from the World Edition to the Tour. My carrier is Verizon. When I open a webpage on the browser, the text is so small that its unreadable. If I use the zoom function, I can't read a whole line of text without toggling from side to side, which takes forever. I never had this problem on my World Edition. Is there some way to reconfigure the browser so it displays webpages in a readable format? With my old World Edition, I read several newspapers a day online, but so far, with my new Tour, I've been unable to do so.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
    10-19-09 04:39 PM
    try going to your browser and hitting menu>options>general properties and set the default view to column.. if that doesnt work, play around with the settings in there to see if you can get it how you like it.
    10-19-09 04:56 PM
    Yes. Go to your browser options. It let's you set the font size manually.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 04:56 PM
    try going to your browser and hitting menu>options>general properties and set the default view to column.. if that doesnt work, play around with the settings in there to see if you can get it how you like it.
    Thank you for the suggestion. I tried the column view and its a little bit better, but not much. And, as jimmyknuckles32 suggested, I increased the default font size to 14 (the max) and although that helps on some websites, it seems to have aboslutely no effect on others.

Any other thoughts?
    10-19-09 07:11 PM
    What I do is simply press the z button after a pg. loads. It zooms in on the page and you won't strain your eyes. Try it.
    10-19-09 07:25 PM
    I use Column view and larger fonts, both!
    10-19-09 07:54 PM
    Or just try another browser. Download opera mini (not the beta). The fonts are probably perfect for what you're looking for.

10-19-09 09:57 PM
    I solved this issue by downloading Opera Mini. I hate the BB's stock browser.
    10-19-09 11:29 PM
    What I do is simply press the z button after a pg. loads. It zooms in on the page and you won't strain your eyes. Try it.
    Thanks. The "z" shortcut works pretty well in page view, although it takes a long time for the zoom to kick in and there seems to be only one level of magnification available.

I played around with my settings last night and find that column view, with 14 as the default font size and 10 as the minimum font size, seems to be the optimal setting for most websites. Navigation is a pain in column view, because you can only navigate vertically and it takes awhile, but everything is readable.
    10-20-09 11:25 AM
    Or just try another browser. Download opera mini (not the beta). The fonts are probably perfect for what you're looking for.

OK, I'll give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion.
    10-20-09 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD