When i had the 8330 i made an insurance claim with sprint and they replaced it with the 8530. Wondering if anybody had same happen from tour to bold as i now have the tour and want the bold but have no upgrade.
    07-01-10 11:49 AM
    Um. They'll give you whatever they have in stock. If they have Tours, you get a Tour. If they're out of Tours, they'll get you the closest comparable device, (which would likely be the Bold)...

And don't break your Tour just to try to scam a free Bold, which it almost sounds like you're pondering. Apologies if you're not pondering that...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-10 11:58 AM
    yeh i get they send what they have in stock. i guess a better way to phrase my question then is if anyone knows what they have in stock??? are tours still out there? i work for a phone store (not corporate) and here they are pretty scarce on the sales side......and you can claim a perfect condition phone if you want to so no, im not gonna break my phone.
    07-01-10 12:11 PM
    I know that I read somewhere that you could START a claim with them through their website and it would show you what phone they were going to replace it with but not complete it if you didn't want to. for $100 bucks though, I guess you could claim a good phone though
    07-01-10 01:54 PM
    I just took my tour into a corporate store on 6/29 for a legit issue and they replaced it with a refurbished one.
    07-01-10 03:50 PM
    I'm getting my tour replaced under the manufacturer's warranty because it keeps dropping data and sometimes service altogether. They are sending me another tour with a battery.

I wasn't pushy, very polite but the rep never made any indication of the possibility of trading up to a bold. Not that I really care, as long as my new tour works...

Just thought I'd share

07-01-10 06:49 PM
    I'm getting my tour replaced under the manufacturer's warranty because it keeps dropping data and sometimes service altogether. They are sending me another tour with a battery.

I wasn't pushy, very polite but the rep never made any indication of the possibility of trading up to a bold. Not that I really care, as long as my new tour works...

Just thought I'd share

I need to do that too. My tour has been having the same issues, however its on Boost Mobile instead of regular sprint so I'm not sure if the store will honor the manufacturer's warranty.
    07-01-10 07:14 PM
    Did you buy it from sprint or boost? I don't know if boost sells them, so forgive my lack of knowledge there

07-01-10 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD