Ok did multiple searches.found a few answers but nothing that explains my question to the point were I understand. There are four different icons next to the signal meter.depending on how strong your signal is at the location were your at it will change from. 1XEV. 1xev . 1X . 1x . And it will roam if there is no signal. My phone is set to automatic roam mode and is not on global is set to 1XEV. Does anyone know what these 4 different modes are. Phone ,data ,ect ..once I got a call on my work phone from my wife and she said she tried calling my tour several times and it went straight to voicemail and I did not get her text . I looked at my phone and it was on 1X or 1x ,I don't remember.turned my phone off then on and it went to 1XEV were it stays most of the time and I asked her to call me and text also . This time I got to phone call and text . I'am just trying to understand the 4 different modes and what features will work on each mode . Thank You in advance for your awnser
    10-17-10 12:17 PM
    read through this thread, it explains it all pretty good.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/1x-1...erecnes-90752/
    10-17-10 12:21 PM
    read through this thread, it explains it all pretty good.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/1x-1...erecnes-90752/
    Thank You . I did read that thread but there were so many different awnsers just got confused ..I know when I was running 4.7 os when I was in an area with weak signal I would turn off data services to save battery and it would go from 1XEV to 1xev.now with os 5 it goes from 1XEV to 1X ?
    10-17-10 01:00 PM
    Thank You . I did read that thread but there were so many different awnsers just got confused ..I know when I was running 4.7 os when I was in an area with weak signal I would turn off data services to save battery and it would go from 1XEV to 1xev.now with os 5 it goes from 1XEV to 1X ?
    1X and 1XEV mean there is a connection to RIM so BB data services will work. 1X basically = 2g service, and 1XEV = 3g service.

Lower case means there's no connection to RIM.
    10-17-10 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD