I started having a problem with my Tour yesterday when it went dead on me while on a phone call. I tried charging the battery but no dice. I tried the wall charger and the USB cable thru my laptop. I figured my Tour was dead and needed to exchange it but decided to try my girl's battery and her battery worked fine and booted up my phone.

I proceeded to a VZW store and told them the problem and they gave me a brand new battery no questions asked. The phone booted up and everything seemed fine until I got home and tried to give the battery a full charge. I had it on the wall charger for at least 6-7 hours and it wasn't charging fully. If I received a call while it was charging I would lose a bar on the battery meter while on the call. I decided to let the battery drain and charge it again and now it won't charge. It showed the that it was charging because the battery icon had the bolt thru it but the meter never moved up. Needless to say my phone is dead again and wont turn on.

I was wondering if anyone had this problem or any idea of what I can try to get my phone turned on so I can at least back up all my info.

Thanks
    04-26-10 01:56 PM
    BUMP... anyone?
    04-26-10 02:49 PM
    there are a few things that could be causing this. I would need a little bit more info to be able to give you an exact answer. OEM charger or aftermarket? Have you tried to charge her battery in your phone? if you have the option to go back to big red and get another battery will they let you? It could be a device malfunction not the battery. i worked at a service center and had this issue with a customer. we went thru a ton of batteries and just finally said were gonna switch the device. you could also have something inside the phone that is shorting the battery i.e. water damage or dust or some gremlin causing all kinds of issues.
    04-26-10 03:25 PM
    Thanks for responding Meistro... Charger is the original one that came with it. I'm waiting for my GF to come home so I can at least boot up my BB, hopefully, and perform a back up. I don't want to charge her battery in my phone because i don't want to ruin hers too. I'm guessing VZW will have to either replace the battery again or the device because there obviously is a problem with one or the other. The phone is only a few months old so it's still under warranty. No water damage occurred, dust might be a possibility but can dust really cause a short? As for the Gremlin that sounds like the most likely of all the possibilities LOL
    04-26-10 03:32 PM
    Menz,
    you would be surprised how many times as a tech i have heard that line myself. Now im not saying that i dont believe you but even if you dont drop the phone in water, you can still have the damage present itself. if its been rainy in brooklyn or humid you can have that happen as well. I sent you a pm so email me if you have any other questions. Hopefully we can resolve this for ya!
    04-26-10 03:43 PM
    buy a new battery. verizon store has them
    04-26-10 04:04 PM
    Thanks for the reply Mrwest1990 but obviously you didn't read the original post fully. VZW replaced the battery with a brand new one yesterday and it did the same thing again. Plus why would I pay for the battery especially when the phone is only a few months old???
    04-26-10 04:10 PM
    any update?
    04-27-10 07:49 AM
    What about using a dock to charge the phone? Is it possible the usb is somehow bad?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 11:47 AM
    there is a chance but from what he has said i think its the internal circuitry for the phone. the cradle uses the same circuits as the usb would to charge.
    04-27-10 03:06 PM
    Oh sry didn't know that. Hopefully the issue gets resolved soon. I know I feel empty when my phone isn't working right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD