So ever since i got my tour, that battery life was pretty damn good, better than my 9530. I had the OS that came with the phone when i got it from big red. but then after about 6 weeks the battery life was terrible one day. about 10 hours or so of decent usage. when i would get 2 days out of it before. (I work 12 hour shifts, and dont touch my phone during that time) So after about 5 days of continuous bad battery life, I switched to .230, diff OS were always doff on batt life for my 9530. well switched it up and still have the same ****ty battey life. I know your thinking maybe my battery is a turd right? well no, I have 2 batteries and always charge on while i have one in my phone and then swap them out. anyone else having their tour drain the crap out of the phone way more than it used to, like in half??? and if so, what can be the reason for it happen out of the blue???
    11-23-09 03:53 PM
    Delete your vendor.xml file and load a sprint (or any other carrier) version of your OS.

Verizon's software loads are garbage and they're ruining people's experiences with the Tour.

Dm
    11-23-09 03:54 PM
    Delete your vendor.xml file and load a sprint (or any other carrier) version of your OS.

Verizon's software loads are garbage and they're ruining people's experiences with the Tour.

Dm
    I'm just curious, I have Verizon and really have no trouble. What would deleting the file and loading a sprint os do? And how would I download a sprint os ?
    11-23-09 04:00 PM
    alright maybe I will try that, i use crackmem and try to get some of the extra stuff off of phone before i load an OS, but maybe ill try thr sprint verson then. I just dont know how one day it dropped to about half of the battery life. i shuffling the 2 in and out all the time. it goes down about 30 - 40% now while sitting at work, being checked for 3 min or less only 2 times during a 12 hour shift!
    11-23-09 04:06 PM
    I have Verizon and have no problems with battery life.

Are you sure you're not running something in the background? Are you closing all of your apps when you're done with them?
    11-23-09 04:22 PM
    Days or 10 hours of good use? I'm getting 5 hours of battery life according to the timer app I installed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 04:25 PM
    i had mine on all day at used it quyite a bit on calls and texting ck mails ect and still have 50 % of battery left after 14 hrs of on time
    11-23-09 04:56 PM

Dm
    I see you're with Sprint/Nextel. How long have you used .61 on your Verizon Tour?
    11-23-09 05:32 PM
    Ok here's an update. I know this may sound crazy but I deleted an app that I had installed roughly around the time of the appearance of my poor batt. Life. And NO I never left this or any other app running in the background. I'm majorly OCD about closing all apps all the time. (I come from a storm 1 which is terrible with onboard memory). Now I had thought about the timing of the battery life and installing this app. But a crappy app can leak memory only right? Well thinking to myself its worth a try to delete it and find out. Just after I made this thread I deleted it an about 24 hours later I'm sitting here with 67 percent battery. The app was called National Football Post its new. Anyone hear much about it?

11-24-09 02:06 PM
    Also make sure that your network settings are turned to 1XEV, your bluetooth is off if you don't use it frequently, as well as your GPS. These things can have an impact on your batt as well.

And if you haven't loaded up a Hybrid yet, you need to. That will make a difference as well.
    11-24-09 02:26 PM
    Consider yourself lucky that you've found the problem...
    I'm on my fourth Tour(mainly trackball issues), but NONE of them...have even given me more than about 5-7 hours of battery life. Starting with stock 4.7, then 5.0.23 and now running one of the hybrid's, batter life just isn't up to par with prior blackberry's that I've had. And I'm as careful as possible with closing apps, etc.
    11-24-09 02:32 PM
    Yea I learned fast about closing apps with my storm. But man your forth Tour. That's rough. I have read about all of the trackball issues. I hope you get that taken care of soon. Or complain enough to maybe get a Tour 2 with the trackpad fore a free upgrade when that bad boy comes out.

11-24-09 03:53 PM
    Delete your vendor.xml file and load a sprint (or any other carrier) version of your OS. Verizon's software loads are garbage and they're ruining people's experiences with the Tour.Dm
    wow...speaking of garbage.

try hitting your bb/menu and seeing what apps are running in the background. then close what you don't need....or just do a battery pull.
    11-24-09 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD