Looks to me that when they actually launch these battery covers, they are going to offer a variety of colors...see the description:

You can replace the original battery cover with a matching color or add one that is designed to add some personal style.
    07-17-09 12:15 AM
    ok you're going to pay $20 for something that they screwed up on in the first place.. they should be just sending them out.. from what i understand this is a major problem, even though i wouldn't have noticed if i didn't read it 800 million times on here..
    07-17-09 09:41 PM
    Looks like I might be buying one of these. I have a Verizon Tour, and my battery cover slides a bit. No, this is not me being anal, I compared it to a co-worker's Tour (same model sans camera) and theirs was snug in comparison. I know I have a 30 day exchange, but other than that the phone is fine, and I don't want to nitpick when everything else is working just fine, as far as I can tell.
    07-17-09 11:07 PM
    My battery cover is snug too, it's too early for me to decide if people are being too picky or it's a legit complaint. Times have changed since I first came here, people are very demanding with smartphones now, people are literally picking these things apart, looking for any little flaw they can find. This is one of the reasons people agrue so much in my opinion...
    So you're saying we should just be happy with poor QC? I don't think so. If Jim can spend our money on buying a stupid hockey team, then we have the right to pick his product quality apart when it's sub par.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 11:22 PM
    I got lucky I got my Tour today and the battery cover is fine and snug

Same here...
    07-17-09 11:38 PM
    How can they make it in white? The Tour is black right? How can they image a black device with just only a silver white on it? Weird

Or maybe they gonna make a white tour for that ?
    07-18-09 12:02 AM
    i would pay $100 for real metal or an actual carbon fiber insert or even if that fake carbon was gloss, every thing seems to look like one till i see that insert. by itself im a huge fan, when it is right next to the camera's protective glass, ish dont think so
    07-18-09 12:26 AM
    My cover was snug until I damn near pried it off trying to get the battery in. I'm cool with it since I have a cover on it already.
    07-18-09 01:06 AM
    i would pay $100 for real metal or an actual carbon fiber insert or even if that fake carbon was gloss, every thing seems to look like one till i see that insert. by itself im a huge fan, when it is right next to the camera's protective glass, ish dont think so
    What the production cover on the Tour is, is not even what it was when we saw the pre-production photos. What the public got was plastic with a checker stamp. I guess that's better then the carbon-vinyl the pre-production had, but still... who are they joking? I guess the bottom line is... we got the "cheap" treatment, and you can see this by the poor fit of the door.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 07-18-09 at 08:07 PM.
    07-18-09 08:05 PM
    So you're saying we should just be happy with poor QC? I don't think so. If Jim can spend our money on buying a stupid hockey team, then we have the right to pick his product quality apart when it's sub par.

Hah his hockey team is sub par also, its a perfect match!
    07-18-09 08:11 PM
    I just want someone to come out with a soft-touch matte battery door so that I can replace this BS cheap plastic one SPRINT gave me.
    07-18-09 09:14 PM
    Snot Got Mine Snug ..... After It Dried Anyway.....
    07-19-09 01:07 AM
    My battery cover is also snug. Ordered my Tour on the Sprint website on Sunday night and received it Friday afternoon.
    07-19-09 03:01 AM
    My battery cover is snug too, it's too early for me to decide if people are being too picky or it's a legit complaint. Times have changed since I first came here, people are very demanding with smartphones now, people are literally picking these things apart, looking for any little flaw they can find. This is one of the reasons people agrue so much in my opinion...

its a legit complaint. im sure theyll fix it down the road because its pretty unacceptable. hopefully when they do i can grab a new door and its not a problem with the phone casing.

CS at the store told me everyone is bringing theirs back to exchange it. she said mine was one of the better ones shes seen. she also said the ones sold online are generally worse than the ones they have in the store.
    07-19-09 01:44 PM
    I vote to throw the d*** cover away and use some nice, shiny duct tape.
    07-20-09 05:22 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD