Thanks Riley I appreciate the info. See I'm not that bad a guy after all

ur alright ur just a crackberry fiend
    07-13-09 10:14 PM
    ur alright ur just a crackberry fiend
    Junkie is more like it. And PROUD OF IT
    07-13-09 10:16 PM
    OK guys here's a tough one. My Dad had a BB Storm and he recently passed away. He was on the Telus network. I however live in the states and want to use the verizon network since I inherited it. They are in the process of trying to see if they can add the ESN to the Verizon network. Has anyone heard of this happening? Is it possible or am I stuck with a brick? I don't want to sell it for the sentimental value.
    07-13-09 10:17 PM
    LOL!

that would be a Well watched youTube Video, the Tour watching the destruction of the Storm,

you'd need a maniacal laugh in the background

That would be soooooooo funny but something tells me RIM might not laugh. Now what you need is to get Salomondrin's Benz for the full impact
    07-13-09 10:23 PM
    OK guys here's a tough one. My Dad had a BB Storm and he recently passed away. He was on the Telus network. I however live in the states and want to use the verizon network since I inherited it. They are in the process of trying to see if they can add the ESN to the Verizon network. Has anyone heard of this happening? Is it possible or am I stuck with a brick? I don't want to sell it for the sentimental value.
    Ow that's a tough one. I know from experience when my bro died I had a tough time with both Rogers and Telus to even get access to things like voicemail or accounts info. One thing which did help is being the executor. Being the exec gives you a bit of pull so if you are not the exec try getting them to request any info.
    Not sure on your actual question but just dealing with the companys I wish you all the luck for it is not a simple task.
    07-13-09 10:31 PM
    Smash...lol. The grieving process is over and it's not like he passed away just last week. This is not the forum for grieving about lost loved ones. I just want to know if Verizon can do this or not. I know that Telus won't give me an unlock code either so I can't even use a SIM card. It's annoying! The phone has sentimental value but at least if I could go on using it, it would mean more then just putting it in a drawer.
    07-13-09 10:31 PM
    I hear you Netman, the executor already took care of the account cancellation etc. I am just wondering if Verizon can do it or not. If I managed to pry an unlock code out from Verizon you think it might work to unlock the Telus storm?
    07-13-09 10:34 PM
    Smash...lol. The grieving process is over and it's not like he passed away just last week. This is not the forum for grieving about lost loved ones. I just want to know if Verizon can do this or not. I know that Telus won't give me an unlock code either so I can't even use a SIM card. It's annoying! The phone has sentimental value but at least if I could go on using it, it would mean more then just putting it in a drawer.
    Wolfstarone, sorry but your posts are WAY off-topic here and belong elsewhere.

Thanks.
    07-13-09 10:41 PM
    contacted Verizon and they had to put an ESN request in. I will let you all know the verdict.
    07-13-09 11:27 PM
    Wolfstarone, sorry but your posts are WAY off-topic here and belong elsewhere.

Thanks.
    Yes Andy, I was simply replying to a post commenting on my earlier post. Thanks.
    07-13-09 11:29 PM

officially the answer is no. unofficially it can be done. all it takes is rim sending the esn file to verizon. verizon loading it into their system and the next day it works. whether u can get any of them to authorize this is an entirely different story. Ud never get customer service at telus to approve this. Inventory would have to okay this at telus and same at verizon. verizon has that silly open network thing that is ridiculously inconsistent.

ur best bet keep harassing customer service it might take a lot of calls but eventually u should get someone to do it.

the reason i know this is cuz i worked in telus inventory and was explained in detail and saw it happen.
    07-13-09 11:50 PM
    officially the answer is no. unofficially it can be done. all it takes is rim sending the esn file to verizon. verizon loading it into their system and the next day it works. whether u can get any of them to authorize this is an entirely different story. Ud never get customer service at telus to approve this. Inventory would have to okay this at telus and same at verizon. verizon has that silly open network thing that is ridiculously inconsistent.

ur best bet keep harassing customer service it might take a lot of calls but eventually u should get someone to do it.

the reason i know this is cuz i worked in telus inventory and was explained in detail and saw it happen.
    THANKS RILEY! Do I have to harrass customer service on both ends? Verizon is trying to get it added for me but how else do I need to approach it on Telus' end? I talked to a Telus rep today and they told me that there was nothing else they could do that it would be all on Verizon. Is this true?
    07-13-09 11:56 PM
    THANKS RILEY! Do I have to harrass customer service on both ends? Verizon is trying to get it added for me but how else do I need to approach it on Telus' end? I talked to a Telus rep today and they told me that there was nothing else they could do that it would be all on Verizon. Is this true?

sorry harass verizon customer service not telus.
    07-14-09 12:00 AM
    Remember the exec is the pretty much the only one that they will listen to

Good Luck !!!
    07-14-09 12:07 AM
    one more thing let me set this expectation from now before theres a bunch of heart attacks and telus bashing.

it is possible that units might not arrive in stores until wednesday. im hoping this doesnt happen but it is a possibility. it was launched kind of last minute and late so be prepared for this. but if its not there it will definitely be there wednesday.

goodnight
    07-14-09 01:19 AM
    Still not available at Telus today. Was advised to call later in the week.
    07-14-09 08:39 AM
    Yes Andy, I was simply replying to a post commenting on my earlier post. Thanks.
    Sorry, this thread is regarding purchasing the phone from Telus, not about individual problems with verizon in the US.
    07-14-09 08:41 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD