Hi all... I just called the Sprint international team, and asked if I could unlock my phone for a quick trip overseas, and they ran a test and stated my phone was unlocked. I put in an AT&T Sim card and could make calls using the number on the SIM. Is this normal? I thought I would need an unlock to be able to use the ATT card... Please advise... Blackberry newb here!
    10-30-09 03:39 PM
    Most of them come unlocked. Once its unlocked you can use any GSM sim card in it here and overseas.
    Last edited by DarkPhoenix; 10-30-09 at 03:56 PM.
    10-30-09 03:47 PM
    Awesome, I was under the impression I would have to unlock by calling or paying to have it done. I wished there was a way though to automatically switch to gsm when there is no signal, but bar it from using data while on gsm... I only have voice/text on gsm, no data.
    10-30-09 03:50 PM
    It should, if you have it set to "Global", automatically switch to GSM if it can't find a CDMA signal. Mine does all the time in my office.
    10-30-09 03:59 PM
    Thanx.. It wont use the data from gsm though since it isnt on the plan, right?
    Also, would the setting given allow text messages to come in from both numbers automatically? I would hate for her to have to switch over to check text messages from her old number.
    10-30-09 04:16 PM
    Thanx.. It wont use the data from gsm though since it isnt on the plan, right?
    Also, would the setting given allow text messages to come in from both numbers automatically? I would hate for her to have to switch over to check text messages from her old number.
    You can turn data off. Go to options -> Mobile Network. From there you can turn it off completely, or just off while roaming (you would want it off completely, I think).
    10-30-09 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD